advertisement

[FS] Lyra Delos MC Cartridge c300h £600

djftw

Heterodox Member
OK – After a brief delay courtesy of an exploding desktop PSU (I am now on the laptop,) part two. Apologies for spamming the classifieds, but I need to declutter and shockingly I appear to be hoarding a lot of hi-fi and associated bits!

This one is a bit of a wretch as I think it might still be the best cartridge I've ever owned, but I have decided that I am keeping the Rega P10, and the Alpheta 3 is the obvious partner for it!

Lyra Delos MC Cartridge. I don't do timing my stylus play time, but I would say 300-350h max is a generous estimate. Lyra say stylus wear is rarely an issue with their cartridges, and that most returned to them for refurbishment have a stretched tie-wire rather than a worn stylus. I have taken their guidance on this and accordingly taken great care to use the arm lift and lower the cartridge to the record as gently as possible. I also wet-vacuum clean my records and use a polymer stylus cleaner with care. So I hope I have coddled this cartridge as much as practicable, and it still sounds as good as new to me!

For obvious reasons collection preferred, but I have the original packaging and Royal Mail Special Delivery or delivering myself within a reasonable distance (or even further afield if it aligns with my plans, please do ask) is also fine!

Located just east of York

£600 (+P&P if applicable)

PS I have lots of random cables, connectors, bits. Please ask if you're looking for something!

Bumping this, fantastic cartridge. I’ve had my Delos since 2017 and no idea how many hours it has but still sounds like the day I bought it and can concur that JC from LYRA indeed claims that their carts can last for many thousands of hours as long as they’re looked after.

Also fantastic trade in prices, I think a Kleos is £2k with any LYRA trade in so worth it in that basis alone!

advertisement

Back