advertisement

Lyra cartridges anyone

zooterman

Hi All.
I have 2 Lyra cartridges , Clavis and The Lydian, can I get replacement styli for these and if so where.
Thanks.

You can't get styli for moving coil cartridges in the way you can for MMs, you have to have them retipped. One place is Expert Stylus Co (ESCO), I think it costs in the order of £200. If you like the sound then these carts are well worth getting repaired.

Since they are old discontinued products, retipping is your only option & if you do this within the UK then the resultant sound will not be the same as the originals. You may prefer them you may not. In all honesty tho' a knackered Lydian may be better traded in against a newer model like the Dorian which is likely to be on a par of exceed the Lydians performance. Don't take my word for it tho' contact Signals they will give you some real good advice &/or lend you a Dorian for audition.

Your Clavis and Lydian bodies are worth around 20% off the price of a new Lyra as a p/x from your Lyra dealer. Alternatively, in some circumstances, Lyra will re-build your old Lyra if you are really attached to it.

IMHO your Clavis and Lydian are best part ex'd.

advertisement

Back