advertisement

Lyngdorf's TDAI2200+RP/CD1 & Wilson Benesch Arcs.

sorry but your wrong, quite a lot changed. ask Lyngdorf they have a very good Q&A email exchange system, the email address is on their website.

sorry but your wrong, quite a lot changed. ask Lyngdorf they have a very good Q&A email exchange system, the email address is on their website.

Funny, cause Peter lives a few miles from where I live and when I met him and some of his staff at a show in Copenhagen he told me that nothing has changed besides "I" on the case. The "I" is for "Integrated" - nothing else. It's not a Naim thing...

But if I'm wrong (along with Peter), then please tell me what they've changed? As far as I know it's still the same internal layout...It's been like that since the TACT days...Well, the TDA/TDAI is relatively new but the SDAI and SDA hasn't changed since TACT had the license...

the very early models had an issue with RF output, i also asked someone whos owned both the TDA and the TDAI. i doubt you'd spot the differences just by looking under the lid as its all mainly SMD's and modular. you'd need to some proper measurements i think. either way the whole point of these amps is lyngdorf constantly work on the software which does give significant improvements; free.

the very early models had an issue with RF output, i also asked someone whos owned both the TDA and the TDAI. i doubt you spot the differences just by looking under the lid as its all mainly SMD's and modular. you'd need to some proper measurments i think.

You do know who Peter is don't you?

Yes......... I’ve looked into many of his designs. I suppose they could have made the changes before or maybe it coincided with the 'I' thing you’re talking of.

Spacey, your mixing up the SDA and SDAI, the SDA is the poweramp. The SDAI the intergrated.

Id say neither are soft sounding! the TDA amps are more refined than the SDA amps, with more detail, the SDA amps seem to have more punch and sound a bit more solid, the TDA are more transparent.

The last TDAI sounded more dynamic than the first earlier TDA i had, the earlier TDA didnt cope with difficult loads as well as the new one.

From my visit to Rob's I certainly wouldn't describe the TDAI as soft, and it certainly with the right speakers can sound very dynamic, though it still isn't the amplifier of choice for very difficult loads (as I proved).

Spacey, from my lengthy testing I would recommend 2+2 as the way to go with the Lyngdorf kit.

My full report is in the Bake Off thread in the trade room.

From my visit to Rob's I certainly wouldn't describe the TDAI as soft, and it certainly with the right speakers can sound very dynamic, though it still isn't the amplifier of choice for very difficult loads (as I proved).

Spacey, from my lengthy testing I would recommend 2+2 as the way to go with the Lyngdorf kit.

My full report is in the Bake Off thread in the trade room.

The cheaper Lyngdorf gear ie the SDA(I) amps ive never seen promoted once, only the room perfect TDA stuff, very surprised by this, entry into Lyngdorf seems to be around £5000!

maybe its come across a bit wrong i didnt mean the SDA/I are soft just the TDAI is more detailed in its presentation. i was referring to the amps in a lyngdorf context.

muz640, do you know what did they change with the early TDA models? i assume this was around 2005/2006?

maybe its come across a bit wrong i didnt mean the SDA/I are soft just the TDAI is more detailed in its presentation. i was referring to the amps in a lyngdorf context.

muz640, do you know what did they change with the early TDA models? i assume this was around 2005/2006?

The TDA is more detailed and refined, i think think inside the new and old ones are the same thing, just some component specs have changed. IMO it should have the capability to handle DSD too. I dont think its been developed enough, is you look at the TacT range its much more flexible in a lot of ways, and starts at a realistic price too. The simplified TDA type amp they've just launched is a good example of this.

I think speaker matching is very important like i said from my very first post on the digital amplifier thread.

The TDA is more detailed and refined, i think think inside the new and old ones are the same thing, just some component specs have changed. IMO it should have the capability to handle DSD too. I dont think its been developed enough, is you look at the TacT range its much more flexible in a lot of ways, and starts at a realistic price too. The simplified TDA type amp they've just launched is a good example of this.

I think speaker matching is very important like i said from my very first post on the digital amplifier thread.

i had that on my last amp/s. my first supernait was an early model built in oct 07 which i bought new from a dealer at full price in july 08. it went back to naim on feb 09. the unit i got back was much better made and was a rev B model. i assume there must have been a first issue, rev A and then rev B. only minor changes but as a whole it was quite an improvement.

funny how such tiny spec changes can result in a much better product :)

this is a rather old thread, but I'd like to ask those who have experience with the TDAI 2200 with RP and know or have heard the KEF 201.2 if they think both would work well. Am very interested in getting some info on the Lyngdorf from real-world users.
regards
André

Hi,

you should be able to dig up some threads I started around 2 or 3 years ago on the topic of Lyngdorf.

I own a TDAI 2200 with RoomPerfect, and it proved very useful with my Dynaudios which I am forced to position too close to the rear wall, due to room layout reasons.

The difference it makes is quite remarkable, much bigger than all the futzing around with cables and suchlike will ever give.

However, I am currently in the process of upgrading my speakers (see my ATC thread) and it would appear that large speakers with large bass drivers (e.g. the ATC SCM100 I currently have at home) produce less problems in my room than mid sized speakers like my current speakers, Dynaudio Contour S3.4. I am currently comparing both speakers without RoomPerfect, in order to have a like-with-like comparison.

It would appear that the KEF you mention is even smaller than my Dynaudio, so perhaps you don't need RoomPerfect at all?

You can always contact Lyngdorf directly via email, they are a great company to deal with and very responsive.

HTH,
Samuel.

Hi Samuel,
thanks for your answer.
just a thought: maybe your ATCs are having less problems with the LF not because of bigger woofers, but because they're sealed. The Dyns, AFAIK are ported. Normally sealed designs adapt easier to close-wall environments.
From your post, reading between the lines, you believe that the RP works more in the LF, cleaning them up, am I right?
I'm moving ATM and don't know where I'm going to set up my system. I just sold my amp, since it's 220V and I'm moving to a country where the voltage is 120V.
BTW, I simply love the ATCs, especially the 100s that I auditioned at a dealer in Chile with Gryphon source and integrated. Was a wonderful match and, if I could, I'd definitely upgrade to the 50s.
Thanks again for the input. If you could tell me a little more about the sound of the Lyndorf as a digital amp on it's own I'd be very grateful.
Regards
André

just a thought: maybe your ATCs are having less problems with the LF not because of bigger woofers, but because they're sealed. The Dyns, AFAIK are ported. Normally sealed designs adapt easier to close-wall environments.

The ATCs are ported! But AFAICT it is not a normal port, some of our resident ATC experts may be able to clarify here.

From your post, reading between the lines, you believe that the RP works more in the LF, cleaning them up, am I right?

Yes, that is certainly my experience.

If you could tell me a little more about the sound of the Lyndorf as a digital amp on it's own I'd be very grateful.

I'm afraid that these days I am not much of a believer in large sonic differences in amplifiers, provided you compare like with like WRT to power, damping factor, etc.

The Lyngdorf is a good amp and does what it says on the tin, it amplifies - I think the Dynaudios certainly appreciated the 2*200W @ 8 Ohms.

I found the volume control a joy to use (very precise), but then I was coming form the world of crappy potentiometer volume controls

advertisement

Back