advertisement

Luxman L45A..

mirland

pfm Member
Today I aqcuired a very nice Luxman L45A integrated for a small vinyl setup for my studio (painting). Apart from being very retro-sexy, well-sounding and my specimen in near-mint state I know next to nothing about it.

But maybe somebody in here does?

Currently it's been set up with an old Garrard SP25MKII mounted with a Denon DL-103. Speakers are Tannoy Reveal - but hopefully these will be swapped with some more retro-like :)

Thought-provocing fact: The little Garrard handles the DL-103 surprisingly well.

Currently it's been set up with an old Garrard SP25MKII mounted with a Denon DL-103. Speakers are Tannoy Reveal - but hopefully these will be swapped with some more retro-like :)

Thought-provocing fact: The little Garrard handles the DL-103 surprisingly well.

You have the makings of a fine system! In Japan, during the mid 70s to probably now, Lux. users have always mated their gear with Tannoy DCs or Rogers Studio monitors.

As for digital, current Marantz or Arcam. And remember to stick with copper cables - avoid silver stuff!

Happy listening!

You have the makings of a fine system! In Japan, during the mid 70s to probably now, Lux. users have always mated their gear with Tannoy DCs or Rogers Studio monitors.

As for digital, current Marantz or Arcam. And remember to stick with copper cables - avoid silver stuff!

Happy listening!

Thanks :) It's only my secondary system as I have quite a different beast in the living room. As for digital source - since it is used in my studio where I both paint and occassionally make some digital sounds the system is hooked up to my Line6 TonePort KB37 soundcard :) All cabling is Mogami - both in studio and living room...

I would love to get a vintage pair of speakers hooked up to it and just use the system for music playing and not connect it to the soundcard.

I've bought Luxman L-45A. It's great amp as 4 me. I was listenin' it with Marantz CD-40. What do u think 'bout it?

Well, I still use mine almost every day when working in the studio. And it's a very nice little amp - it plays well with a bit of warmth and has a more than decent and versatile phono stage.

Indeed I am :) Of course one cannot compare the small Lux/Garrard/Tannoy setup to my rather heavy weight ATC/ATC/Kuzma/Audio Research living room setup but nevertheless it is very entertaining ;)

advertisement

Back