advertisement

Luxman L-570Z's amp and Yamaha NS-1000m speakers (would it rock?)

TokyoScope

Hey guys, I'm living in Tokyo and some nice older items have been coming up on the market here of late. I am currently lusting over a vintage 1992 Luxman L-570Z's amp (Class A, 50 watts per channel) and the possibility of pairing it with my Yamaha NS-1000m speakers.

I've seen some mention of similar pairings like this on this message board before, but I am curious if anyone has any experience with how (loud) rock music would sound with it.

I am currently running the speakers with a 2015 Yamaha AS-2100 amp, and while the current sound is good, I am wondering how much further I could go with a vintage Class A. I can bet jazz and vocals would be delightful, but how about classic and even modern rock?

Any other impressions of the Luxman L-570Z's would be great to hear!

Not many L550 are working nowadays without a service/repair.
When working they were wonderfull on NS1000 as many other amps.

If L-570Z are of similar bread and build you might check if working condition and possible service options.

The Luxman with your speakers will rock no problem, and they can play loud as the woofers are large and efficient.
My only concern is the fact these Yamaha speakers don’t go very low so you may miss a few notes in the 30 Hz area but the rest will be great, no doubt.

for many years my system was a Luxman 570Z's and NS 1000X. I'm also in Tokyo and had both serviced by HifiDo in 2015.I replaced the Luxman in 2019 with a McIntosh MC7200 amp only to have a stroke at the end of the year. I've spent 2020 either in hospital or in a care home as I recover. The speakers come alive with the more powerful amp (McIntosh is 200 WPC) vocals, basslines and orchestration all gain in clarity for the types of music that I listen to including rock, jazz, hiphop and classical. I don't listen at high volumes however, so this has to work at levels that are comfortable for me.

advertisement

Back