advertisement

LTSpice sim of Naim/Avondale amplifier circuit?

Oops. A quick check of gain/phase on the NCC220 and my old Rotel850 model show them both still with full gain at 100Khz.

I think I need to revisit my understanding of LTSpice "AC Sweeps", and the results thereof.

Frequency/Phase by plybench, on Flickr

I thought the upper and lower frequencies were (mainly) defined by C8 (Miller capacitor) and C6 (feedback capacitor). *

I may well be wrong - I'm building/studying these simulations to learn how amplifiers work...

(*) names as per NCC220 schematic

I'm seeing some very odd waveforms.

In a bid to isolate the effect (or the fault in my sim...) I've set up the driver/output stage on its own (so TR7/TR8 onwards), and have created the worlds most trivial class A/B bias/driver stage. No FE stage, no feedback. Much simpler.

It's just a Voltage source oscillator, split into 2 voltages via 2 biasing voltage sources. This would not be a practical real world system, but it reflects what a bias setup is meant to do in the simplest way.

as per

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/amplifier/class-ab-amplifier.html

(search down for "Class AB Amplifier Voltage Biasing").

Question to wise and knowledgeable: but should I be supplying voltage or current from my faked-up front end? As described and built, it's a voltage system.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back