advertisement

LPSU Upgrade for Eversolo DMP-A6

music fiend

life lusting
Has anyone done the linear power supply upgrade for the Eversolo DMP-A6?

I have a Master Edition stock one, feeding a Denafrips Pontus II via USB, and would like to know your thoughts before deciding what to do.

Thanks!

It has been done on this forum, name escapes me for now, I believe with both the Vinshine and Polish LPS. @JTC replaced his Pontus/A6 with the A8, and I can also vouch for how good the A8 performs as a stand alone player.

Yes I did it using the polish PD creative module. Easy to fit and worthwhile...
May I ask what made you decide for the PD creative module vs the Vinshine solution?

And do you use it as a standalone player or do you use an external DAC?

I chose the of creative as it seemed a better unit, with bigger transformer plus there was a deal and it works out to be only £170. I had the standard A6 and used it as a player but unfortunately I couldn’t live with the ess sound. The linear psu filled out the bass and calmed the highs but I found it cold and un engaging.. I now use Lumin D2

It has been done on this forum, name escapes me for now, I believe with both the Vinshine and Polish LPS. @JTC replaced his Pontus/A6 with the A8, and I can also vouch for how good the A8 performs as a stand alone player.
Pontus, beeeeehave yourself. Venus II, no less ;).

And A8 on its own compares favourably to A6/Venus II. Very, very close indeed. No brainer for me!!

advertisement

Back