advertisement

LP12 service needed - who?

taffyboy1

pfm Member
Based in Cardiff I am looking to get my trusty but neglected LP12 serviced.

It is pre-cirkus and driven by avondale taps, with ittok lv2.

I want someone to really get it singing again

TaffyTim

I have a friend in Swansea with an LP12 so knowing anyone to services them in S Wales would be good

John,

Thats very kind of you.

Please dont take offence but May I ask if you have any testimonials?

TaffyTim

No offence taken Taffy - regarding tesimonials unfortunately not, but you're very welcome to visit my place to look and listen to my own LP12 before you let me anywhere near yours. I'm available every Friday this month baring next Friday should you wish.

John R.

No offence taken Taffy - regarding tesimonials unfortunately not, but you're very welcome to visit my place to look and listen to my own LP12 before you let me anywhere near yours. I'm available every Friday this month baring next Friday should you wish.

John R.

John,

Thats kind of you, will see what my shift patterns are for this month.

TaffyTim

Taffy, if you want to post it up to Scotland, I have my grandad's tool box. Im at a loose end career wise so have plenty of time to look over your sondek. It would be coming back home so to speak. I promise not to make it any worse if that helps

mmmm. let me think about that one lol:D

TaffyTim

Taffy, if you want to post it up to Scotland, I have my grandad's tool box. Im at a loose end career wise so have plenty of time to look over your sondek. It would be coming back home so to speak. I promise not to make it any worse if that helps

If you're going to ship it, send it to Derek Jenkins at Studio AV, there is literally nothing he doesn't know about the LP12 ;)

Would you risk posting an LP12 to someone for servicing and hoping it comes back in A1 condition or on song?

I'd be worried. There was a good guy at Grahams too. But back to the OT there must be someone in S Wales????

More than a good point, Derek does a very nice job though and Linn ship the LP12 around the globe.....

What about the chap in Newport/Cardiff area who does the valve amp servicing? Matthews iirc. Does he do Linns?

I've been to Ray at Grahams, he does a really good job. Lots of people have been saying this for years.

I've been to Derek (now at Studio AV), he does a good if not better job. I found him more passionate and meticulous.

Last time I went to Peter at Cymbiosis in Leicester for a rebuild and it was like adding 60% more KEEL. I was gobsmacked. And I'm not going anywhere else in the future. It is worth the several hours in the car.

Closer to your home is Ultimate Home Entertainment Solutions in Painswick, Gloucestershire. I've visited (not with LP12) on the way to visiting a friend in Ebbw Vale, I liked UHES a lot and I've also heard very good things about their LP12 rebuilding skills. Apparently the guy that runs it has known Ivor for about 40 years.

advertisement

Back