advertisement

LP12 Origins

"acquired" LOL. So nicely put.

I'd also agree that there is no point going over any of it now other than to show some people where the design came from and that Ivor didn't really 'invent' anything.

its interesting that people often mistake invention or origination for greatness, where in fact those who refine are often more successful and are truly great.

the world is full of failed inventors who despite brilliant ideas and inventions, have failed to attract those who could realise the brilliance and successfully form a business and actually *market and sell* them. rather than being knocked for not inventing, they should be recognised for having realised something tangible.

its interesting that people often mistake invention or origination for greatness, where in fact those who refine are often more successful and are truly great.

the world is full of failed inventors who despite brilliant ideas and inventions, have failed to attract those who could realise the brilliance and successfully form a business and actually *market and sell* them. rather than being knocked for not inventing, they should be recognised for having realised something tangible.

Move over Clive Sinclair....

and Marconi.

Stephen

I'm taking delivery today of Linn Sondek #3923 here in the eastern US. I bought it as a project and will get it set up and have a listen before deciding what to do with it. It still has the original Grace G707 arm. I'd like to keep it period correct if possible.

I last listened to a deck with this configuration and Supex 900 Super cartridge back in 1978 through a Naim 12s/120 and Quad ESL 57's and thought back then it sounded awesome. The combination worked well.

I hope they packed it well and removed the outer platter and arm etc. Guess I'll find out when I go home tonight.

Colin

advertisement

Back