advertisement

lp 12

The owner at linn will be sat in his office thinking...hmmmmm my rolls royce is looking grubby .. i think its time for another LP12 upgrade

The owner at linn will be sat in his office thinking...hmmmmm my rolls royce is looking grubby .. i think its time for another LP12 upgrade

Ivor Teifenbrun's roller is never "grubby". It is wiped down every morning with the freshly flayed skins of his competitors! :eek:

At present, Ivor will be working towards a more stable future of Linn products...

That the LP12 refuses to die is a masterstroke in itself, but to suggest it is the ONLY deck worth having is a little naive with respect.

If you like what the LP12 does to the music in them grooves then fine, carry on and enjoy it. The rest of us looking at the classic section here can go and enjoy the Garrards, TD124's, Lenco 88/99's and certain vintage far eastern direct drives (there are some crackers out there if you know where to look) and smile smugly to ourselves...

'Classic' is what is classic to the purchaser/user/enjoyer.

As I have frequently boringly stated, absolutely everything e.g. sounds different in different contexts at different times, so it makes sense to enjoy your music etc/vinyl/record-player etc.

IMO it is perfectly possible to enjoy £74 maintained LP12 more than £10000 latest (until next month) version.

As many know, as well as many versions of LP12 there are many variations of other 'Classic' record-players - probably as many as there are different vinyl pressings ...

if the boss at linn told you to put an old shoe ontop of the record while its playing whould you do it and the answer is yes you would because the boss at linn said it sounded better..

how people are easily led

if the boss at linn told you to put an old shoe ontop of the record while its playing whould you do it and the answer is yes you would because the boss at linn said it sounded better..

how people are easily led

Not quite, bro, IMO. Most people on this Forum seem not to do what Ibor T tells them ... but they certainly (only) do what their dealers tell them! :D So if their *dealer* said "put a shoe on it " ....

Regards,

Andy

TBH, I think you've answered your own question.

You bought the Syncro over the Gyro because you prefer the sound. Or, more accurately, you prefer the particular set of distortions that the Synchro imparts to the music over those imparted by the Gyro.

Other people prefer those distortions imparted by the LP12. Clearly you are not among these people. That's fair enough.

Cheers

Adrian

advertisement

Back