advertisement

[FS] Lounge Audio LCR MKIII mm phono stage (Firebottle fettled)

Amormusic

pfm Member
Hi folks,

FS later this month as I'm picking up a new phono stage at the start of next month.

Lounge Audio LCR MKIII, mm phono stage, which was bought from Wizmax on the Wam. It has been "breathed on" by Firebottle prior to my purchase, so may have been upgraded from standard, although exactly what, I'm uncertain... If nothing else its been checked over.

It sounds excellent.

I paid £200, which is a complete bargain for how it sounds and I'd like the same £200 plus postage please.

Boxed and in good condition. Pics can be sent by email.

Cheers,

These are great phono stages. And not wishing to hijack your thread at all, but I have the companion variable impedance step-up transformer (basically to run an MC cart with this stage) and it's wonderful. I no longer run MC so it's available for the same money. You'd be hard pushed to find better for £400. From the 6 Moons review here:

"...the Copla/LCRMk3 made absolutely lovable music. It was only when being compared directly to one of the best phono preamps made that one hears what is left behind. Once more, compared to the Nano and Tube-box, there was not much of any discussion. What had been so obvious with MM cartridges played out almost the same with MC pickups; except that here, I found the Tube-Box to perform more honourably, perhaps because its denser nature benefited more from the more open sound of the MC cartridges. Again, just like with the LCRMk3, the Copla's first quality was to get out of the way and preserve most of the very faint signals generated by the cartridge. 'Do no harm' is likely the design philosophy Robert Morin adopted. If so, he nailed it. His Copla had very little of an identifiable sonic signature. It simply boosted the qualities of my low-output cartridges to have them come across unaffected - an outstanding accomplishment."

advertisement

Back