advertisement

Loudspeaker cables

tadgh

pfm Member
Would like some really good loudspeaker cable for use with Roksan Blak, 2.5 MTR length/pair

Chord signature or if that's to expensive some Chord Epic no other brand is worth having after hearing chord cables on a Roksan Blak, AVOID linn naim or qed cables they are the worst especially with a Roksan Blak which is a great amp i had one for a few years and it really is worth investing in decent cables they make a big difference.

These cables are excellent value for money and take some beating, however, given the Roksan is probably conservatively rated at 150 wpc into 8 ohms and the fact they are normally unfazed by speaker load suggesting it will either double down or come close to doubling as impedance halves, I'd be inclined to go for 6mm.
This shotgun configuration is superior to the jacketed tour grade version IMO.

I have tried the clear 4mm van damme hifi speaker cable. Tonally it is very similar to NAC A5 but smoother with better highs and lows. In my system I preferred the A5 because of its mid range 'snap' and dynamics., still flat earth here I'm afraid. The Van Damme may be preferred in other systems and is a lot cheaper.

I have tried the clear 4mm van damme hifi speaker cable. Tonally it is very similar to NAC A5 but smoother with better highs and lows. In my system I preferred the A5 because of its mid range 'snap' and dynamics., still flat earth here I'm afraid. The Van Damme may be preferred in other systems and is a lot cheaper.
I agree about its smoothness which is a double edged sword. I find it hard to separate highs and lows from "snap" as more snap can be heard in the highs and/or lows. Smoother does not necessarily mean better.

The guy did state that he wanted really good speaker cable not average/cheapo speaker cables he probably already has better than cheapo cable
but a budget and a reference point would help. I would say you get what you pay for and 10 - 20 % of the cost of your amp and speakers combined is about the right target price for speaker cable, pointless having a 3k amp and 2k speakers to connect them with mains cable or bell wire speaker cables make a big difference it is not snake oil, i've tried many cables and chord epic was a revelation to me then signature and signature reference each were a step up and i would never touch another brand now for cables, i run chord signature through out my system i get these are expensive at first glance but i can assure you at the used price they go for these are probably the best value for money i have spent out of my whole system.

I use LFD cables by far the best I’ve ever heard very expensive by worth every penny before I found the audience AU24 were really good and very hard to beat at the cost I’ve got both speaker and single ended for sale

The guy did state that he wanted really good speaker cable not average/cheapo speaker cables he probably already has better than cheapo cable
but a budget and a reference point would help. I would say you get what you pay for and 10 - 20 % of the cost of your amp and speakers combined is about the right target price for speaker cable, pointless having a 3k amp and 2k speakers to connect them with mains cable or bell wire speaker cables make a big difference it is not snake oil, i've tried many cables and chord epic was a revelation to me then signature and signature reference each were a step up and i would never touch another brand now for cables, i run chord signature through out my system i get these are expensive at first glance but i can assure you at the used price they go for these are probably the best value for money i have spent out of my whole system.
I run 10k speakers and altho i love epic the van damme 6mm is brilliant with them . Compared the two . I do use epic in another system

advertisement

Back