advertisement

Lost my CSN LP (1977). Is the Rhino release from 2018 worth considering?

Peter McDermott

pfm Member
Hi Everyone,

Was feeling a bit nostalgic last night so decided to play my CSN album, the one they released in 1977.

I've had it since very close to the release date and it's been with me through most of my music life. Or, had been.

I've searched for it high and low but it's missing. I have it on CD as well but really wanted to play the LP version.

What's the view on the Rhino vinyl release of this album?

Best wishes,

Peter

This should be Superb
Crosby-Stills-Nash-Mofi-OneStep_m.jpg
:p

I have a modern day 'audiophile' issue of CSN&Y DV that sounds rather good. If you love the music...

Hi Everyone,

Was feeling a bit nostalgic last night so decided to play my CSN album, the one they released in 1977.

I've had it since very close to the release date and it's been with me through most of my music life. Or, had been.

I've searched for it high and low but it's missing. I have it on CD as well but really wanted to play the LP version.

What's the view on the Rhino vinyl release of this album?

Best wishes,

Peter

Near Mint UK first press on discogs for £20 posted. I'd rather have that than the Rhino reissue.

I have a couple of UK first pressings and I have never thought of them as particularly great sounding. OK, but no wow (apart from the music, which is wonderful). I thought the 2009 Bernie Grundman cut for Rhino was appreciably better sounding. To compound matters, it seems the recording was a troublesome one, so I do wonder whether the upcoming One-step can pull something out of the hat.

Thanks for this @Mignun I'll see what the version I've just bought works out. On the plus-side I might be getting something close to the original copy that I've lost.

advertisement

Back