advertisement

Loricraft PS80

If the item does not reach an acceptable level 24 hours before the close of auction, the item may be withdrawn.
That's just stupid. If he has a certain amount of money in his mind below which he will not let the unit go, he should put that in as the starting bid.

I hate teasers.

Isn't that against eBay T&Cs? He should either set a reserve or start the auction at the minimum he wants to sell it for... Very annoying.

Jim

Freebird

Yes I bought one about a year ago and it gave the performance quite a lift.

I have to admit, I do not like his sales tactics.

Regards

Mick

Mick

I agree, his sale tactics are poor taste, but I am interested...

What sort of performance lift did it give your deck?

Regards

freebird

Freebird

There is no simple way to say it...........it made it sound better in all respects.

The PU80 is a Loricraft design intended for the 301/401/501 and is aimed purely at that market. It gave the sound a much more solid feel.

Was it worth the money, I would say yes.

I would never sell mine.

Regards

Mick

The ad also says the unit retails at GBP 1295. The Loricraft website says the PSU 80 sells for GBP 1000.

Someone's taking the bodily waste fluid.

I emailed the seller:

"Hi I am interested in this. Can I ask what sort of price you are looking for, as your item description seem's to imply that you want more than the £350 minimum price you have set the auction at. Also, can I ask the age and condition of the item and what you have used it with. Many thanks in anticipation."

Response

Hi, It is 18 months old, only used with a Forsell CD set up which was rarely used as I am using 5ch more than 2. It is in very good condition 9/10. It is a £1295 item new, & will not be sold for £350. Thanks, Derek

Freebird

It you can get it for £355.00............go for it.

Make sure it has the cables.

Regards

Mick

Mick

Thanks for the advice, but I think he is one of the difficult eBayer's, if you know what I mean!

Regards

freebird

Hi Mick

I was a bit unsure as to what would happen with the bidding. Anyway, I thought I would try my luck and see what the outcome was. He is just waiting of the money clearance before I arrange carriage. Hopefully everything will be OK. He is a prompt communicator.

It does not have any cables so I'm going to need to sort them out. I don't see this being too much of a problem. Infact, I think I have some that will fit (I just need to find them). I may give Terry at Loricraft a call to discuss it. I also recently aquired a Missing Link phono stage although I'm still using the Naim 'S' boards at the moment. I would like to know if the PSU80 can be configured to power the 401 and Missing Link.

I think I will try the upgrades in stages then as a whole. Can you describe the sound benefits it brings?

Anyone know of any good cheap carriage firms?

Regards

freebird

Freebird

If you have any trouble contact Loricraft, just let me know.

I can get him fairly quickly.

Regards

Mick

PS For a one off post, you will not beat RM/Parcelforce.

Freebird

The PSU80 fits between the 13amp socket and the TT. In other words one cable goes from 13 amp socket into the PSU and the second cable goes from PSU into TT. You only need normal cables.

I think the Missing link fits between the TT Arm and the pre amp.

In other words you connect the arm cables to the Missing link and then the missing link to the pre amp.

Regards

Mick

advertisement

Back