advertisement

Listening to BBC radio on old iPad

patcmbll

Can anyone help me?
I'm trying to listen to BBC radio (mostly 4) on my kitchen system
I have brought an old iPad air home but BBC Sounds says operating system on the iPad is too old for the current app.
Ipad is on 12.5.7
Does anyone know of a workaround?

When I try to update the app it says the current version requires iOS 15.0 or later.
It says I can download the last compatible version but when I hit "download", nothing happens.
Nothing too complicated please....

Then it says I need to get the newer version of the app which the iPad won't do as the operating system is too old.
Then I'm back where I was..

Sorry, I was replying that I didn't know how to get the web address up.
I know what Safari is
"tap on the Sounds web address" means nothing to me though. Sorry

Buy an old tuner (assuming ye have an amp). My NAD 4020B kitchen tuner cost me a princely £20. It is superb and I agree with many others that it is up there with tuners which cost ££££s more. ...:cool:

Sorry, I was replying that I didn't know how to get the web address up.
I know what Safari is
"tap on the Sounds web address" means nothing to me though. Sorry
Enter BBC Radio into the search bar.
Sounds should come up.
Tap on the address line.
Gives you access to alls stations.

Unfortunately for you it looks like you need at least an iPad Air 2 to be able to run iOS 15, it’s a bit like my predicament of having to purchase a new Mac to be able to update my photographic software the other year as my original Mac was unable to update past 10.15.7 Catalina.

Ok so I have just tried bbc sounds on my old iOS 10.15.7 mac and you have to sign in to your bbc account to let the music/spoken word play, so why does it not work on iOS 12.5.7 on your iPad!!

advertisement

Back