advertisement

Lions Tour 2021

I hope so too, but it will require some quite un-Gatland like changes and I'm not sure he will be convinced.
That means his last match in a Lion's series tally will be...won one.(2013)..drawn one..(2017)...lost one..(2021)??...He made some major changes in 2013..he dropped BOD!

The better team won but overall a really disappointing series for the lack of attractive rugby . The pivotal points today for the Lions , I thought, were the missed overlap by Liam Williams, he lost his confidence after this point, and the injury to Wyn Jones who had looked solid in the scrum . Russell looked good - but the Lions lacked decent possession in the second half - an instinctive player,wish he was Welsh!

Lost it in the first half: dominance without points usually indicates a loss coming.
Is that Steyn related to the cricket Steyn ??

This was a match that was lost through daft mistakes I think: Williams overlap missed. LCD cover takle on Kolbe. Why go high? Take his legs out and he's down. If he offloads that's SEP. And Curry wrecking an attacking maul 3m out. Hey ho!

Russell clearly hadn't read the Gatland "Kick Everything" memo. If we'd have won, a lot of the credit would have been his.

advertisement

Back