advertisement

Linux Mint 18.3 - has SAMBA changed?

Darth Vader

From the Dark Side
I used to be able to connect from Mint to my Windows and Mac O/S machines to access their files but now I can't. I can SSH into both OS from Mint fine but 'Connect to server' and the various similar terminal commands fail with various messages.

I can connect to server from Windows to Mac and vice versa and from both those OS into Linux Mint shares but not from Linux Mint into other machines shares. Methinks maybe SAMBA has broken or been changed by an update.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

DV

A year or so ago I found I could not connect to shares on my NAS boxes. After some searching and head-scratching I solved it by specifying version (vers) and security (sec) in the options in /etc/fstab, e.g.
//192.168.1.68/media /home/xxx/xxx cifs user=xxx,password=xxx,uid=xxx,gid=xxx,vers=1.0,sec=ntlm 0 0
This is on Manjaro and Ubuntu. cfs-utils is version 2:6.9-1 and libsmbclient is 2:4.11.6 on Ubuntu, I don't have the Manjaro box on right now. Might be a totally different issue though!
HTH

Thank you for this I'll give it a try when I next feel bored. I suspect that it is security related as it used to work a year or so ago.

Cheers,

DV

advertisement

Back