advertisement

Linn Summer Upgrade Offer Question

retseldrib

pfm Member
The blurb:

Exciting news for all Sondek LP12 owners!
This summer, purchase any LP12 component and get 30% off a second upgrade bought at the same time.
This is an opportunity to improve the performance of your turntable twice over, for a huge jump in musical enjoyment, and at great value.
Now is the time to get in touch with us to explore the best upgrade options for your specific turntable!
The promotion will end on 31st August, 2024.

Does anyone know for CERTAIN if the upgrade options extend to a new - plinth, top plate, solid baseboard and tonearm board?

I will call a dealer tomorrow to find out but thought i might get a response straight away here?

As I understand it the only caveat is that the second item is a lower price than the first - eg you can’t buy an Adikt cartridge then ask for 30% off an EKOS SE.

Yes I understand that but the above Linn parts are never cited as upgrade options regarding this offer hence the question regarding these specific items.

purchase any LP12 component and get 30% off a second upgrade bought at the same time

I haven't seen that kind of discount from other brands than Linn.
Its quite smart as they sort of force customer to buy two items.
They release such discount offer during summertime too, when sales usually are low.

The blurb:

Exciting news for all Sondek LP12 owners!
This summer, purchase any LP12 component and get 30% off a second upgrade bought at the same time.
This is an opportunity to improve the performance of your turntable twice over, for a huge jump in musical enjoyment, and at great value.
Now is the time to get in touch with us to explore the best upgrade options for your specific turntable!
The promotion will end on 31st August, 2024.

Does anyone know for CERTAIN if the upgrade options extend to a new - plinth, top plate, solid baseboard and tonearm board?

I will call a dealer tomorrow to find out but thought i might get a response straight away here?
Baseboard maybe, but not the other bits would be my guess. The products on this page are the one’s included in the promotion: https://www.linn.co.uk/us/turntables

AFAIA even the belt is in the promotion as long as you purchase something more expensive. I wouldn't recommend that tho', small discount.
I would think ANY dealer would give a 30 percent discount on a belt for someone purchasing a $1k plus upgrade component.

I haven't seen that kind of discount from other brands than Linn.
Its quite smart as they sort of force customer to buy two items.
They release such discount offer during summertime too, when sales usually are low.
Maybe it's not very common from hifi manufacturers but the "buy one get the second half price!" promotion is as old as the hills. A little while ago I needed tyres for the car, sure enough they were offering 10% off the total bill if I bought 2, and 15% off a set of 4. The local supermarket is offering jeans for £16 or 2 pairs for £20. The marketing term is, I'm told, a "twofor" promotion .

advertisement

Back