advertisement

Linn Series 5 speakers - no 'HiFi' quotes

formbypc

pfm Member
Received a mailshot for Linn's series 5 today. There are eight quotations included in the mailshot, but it's quite telling that NONE of these are from any sort of HiFi-related source;

The Mail
Metro
Elle Decoration
Homes and Gardens
T3
Country and Town House
Wallpaper
Forbes

What should we make of this? Discuss.

Probably one of the easiest pot-shots to take at Linn is similar to ones being taken at Naim and many others these days, as a "lifestyle" product. Maybe so. But really, they are doing their best to try and survive just like any company these days. Whether or not the sound and value, or intention of design suits, is up to the ones listening and looking at said equipment. Things have and are certainly changing, good, bad or indifferent.

With that being said, I haven't heard any of the series 5, nor really any of Linn's gear for some time now. Maybe I should!

Good luck to Linn trying to sell these 10K speakers with cloth wrapped round them, to these people. :p

Sonos is a few 100 quid.

The new Linn speakers sound good, then my ears. I'm sure hifi enthusiasts also read those publications too. I'm also sure Linn's employees will be glad that Linn are investing in the business! If hey had to rely on pfm members for all their trade, they'd most likely starve.

advertisement

Back