advertisement

Linn Selekt DSM Edition. This is really very clever, a real one box solution.

Hi,

A friend of mine is getting this with the twin dacs and various other things.

Watched the video, the way Linn have designed the system is really clever.

Ok so the price is high, however a one box solution that does everything, very clever.

Not in my price range but am impressed, like the new power supply, better than the dynamic I understand.

Go to 6.45 minutes to see the cartridges with the various modules.

Cheers

John

Hi,

A friend of mine is getting this with the twin dacs and various other things.

Watched the video, the way Linn have designed the system is really clever.

Ok so the price is high, however a one box solution that does everything, very clever.

Not in my price range but am impressed, like the new power supply, better than the dynamic I understand.

Go to 6.45 minutes to see the cartridges with the various modules.

Cheers

John

Linn gets a lot of stick but they really can do some pretty impressive engineering and industrial design when they put their minds to it.

IIRC, featsdont of this parish had a home dem vs. his ageing 272.
Again IIRC, it was good but not enough to precipitate a sale.
I agree, it looks very tempting.

Selekt DSM is the most configurable digital music player EVER

311779772_546309547498807_6252364853596404509_n.jpg

HiFi-Rose-3-RS520-1536x662.webp

I have been using the line level classic version of this for the past twelve months, recently updating the standard dac to Katalyst, they now do the organic dac for both select dsm versions but this is now out of my reach. I am using as a replacement pre amp dac only, along with the added bonus of internet radio stations, source is lp12, kore trampolin karousel krystal Ittok lv3 lingo 4, and cd5s i. Power amps are three Aktiv lk100’s feeding my keilidh’s backed up with rel t5 x. It does for me.

How much?

Yep - although there is stuff (maybe) coming from Naim so the advice was to hang fire.

Also at the time the Organik and dual mono packs weren’t available.

The jury is out and waiting.

The DSM Katalyst is an excellent streaming pre amp.

Patience may be rewarded.

J.

Almost every new product will be similar in design to something that was invented years ago.

Is the latest car unique, no of course not, so it is similar to this Linn system, it is using existing ideas to come up with a different solution to a fill a need.

Only very occasionally is something really new, a completely new concept.

I would be interested in hearing what is thought of as new, as I would suggest it will just be a different take on an existing product or idea.

John - Thanks for posting the vid. It’s a neat idea with the various cartridges.A dealer local to me has been running the original Selekt with two Katalyst DAC modules and two amp modules to run a one box active system, along with Kudos 505s.

Will they service the kit in four-five years time ahead ? I wouldn't bet on that based on previous experience.

Yeah, traditionally they are terrible in that respect. They drop support fairly quickly and just offer a discount on a new product. A lot of people don't think about these things.

I might consider one of these in future as part of my downsizing pipe dream. Selekt DSM with Akurate Exaktbox-I gives me a 2 box active system with my existing speakers. Adding the surround options replaces my AVP. At a price though, but I’m sure used prices will be very attractive over the next couple of years.

advertisement

Back