advertisement

Linn Radikal 1 Upgrade Parts -> DIY

widi10

Hi,
I have bought the some parts from Radikal 1 after an Radikal 2 Upgrade.

It is nearly complete. The only thinge are left is the case, the switch and the power supply.

I would like to rebuild the parts and have Dome questions on it.

1. Is the Radikal on/off switch the same as the Lingo 4 switch?

2. Does anyone knows the voltage output of the Radikal power supply. It should be the same as in the Uphorik phono stage, but i am not sure. It is the so called Dynamik mini (PCAS 551 or PCAS 779)

Thanks for any help.

Regards from Germany

Andi

Hi, Hope you are doing well.
what happens finally? could you figure out power supply details?
I am into the same situation and would like to know some information from you.

Regards.
Jubaer

HI ANDI and JUBAER
I use a linear voltage regulator and a 120VA ring transformer to power RADIKAL. The motor and URIKA cartridge amplifier are powered independently, which sounds better than the original power supply.

Sorry just checked and it’s from a klimax kontrol, it might be made to work but it’s an 8 pin connector not a 10 pin that the Radikal has.

Sorry just checked and it’s from a klimax kontrol, it might be made to work but it’s an 8 pin connector not a 10 pin that the Radikal has.
Yes, Radikal is 10 PIN. Do you know PINOUT for RADIKAL Power Supply? It will be helpful for me. Or your power supply can be modified to RADIKAL.

In order to restart the first generation of RADIKAL, I manufactured a CNC aluminum casing and matching buttons. A perfect solution.

5483727469889f39dd9eca247b45bbc.jpg

1b1e672c32f0c355b2dc90bb3825a66.jpg

8b172192693ae93dae8f39063a2f851.jpg

52b0320699f06cc332d272b8874d19b.jpg

fa92387afaee7de3cda1023054fcf04.jpg

HI ANDI and JUBAER
I use a linear voltage regulator and a 120VA ring transformer to power RADIKAL. The motor and URIKA cartridge amplifier are powered independently, which sounds better than the original power supply.
Can you provide details of the voltage regulator. Is it DIY or a commercial product?

Hi,
I have bought the some parts from Radikal 1 after an Radikal 2 Upgrade.

It is nearly complete. The only thinge are left is the case, the switch and the power supply.

I would like to rebuild the parts and have Dome questions on it.

1. Is the Radikal on/off switch the same as the Lingo 4 switch?

2. Does anyone knows the voltage output of the Radikal power supply. It should be the same as in the Uphorik phono stage, but i am not sure. It is the so called Dynamik mini (PCAS 551 or PCAS 779)

Thanks for any help.

Regards from Germany

Andi
I was told by a dealer that the Radikal and Lingo 4 switches are not the same.

Have you been able to find out the voltages?

Not yet. trying to buy diy PSU from a person. from my previous study, Radikal and Lingo 4 switches are same.

The Radikal pcb will have local regulators hanging off the back of the connection to the smps. Tracing the connections should give big clues.

advertisement

Back