advertisement

Linn Majik DSM/3 + power amp, how to correctly setup / konfig

Jay Kay

Just purchased a Linn Akurate 2200 which I want to use with my Majik DSM while a search for a decent Akurate DSM with Kilmax. I also have a great sub that’s dialed in beautifully with my Majik 109s, using the Pre-out and I want to keep it in service. Does anyone have advice on how to set this lot up?

I’m planning on using the pre-out to connect into the power amp channel 1 input then connecting another rca from on the power amp channel 1 output to channel 2 input. For the sub I’m going to use power amp speaker output into the high pass filter on the sub. Is that correct?

With the DSM/3 can I then turn off the internal amp with the config tools?

Any other optimisation I can do?

(I use the streamer + phono stage + hdmi inputs & output on the DSM)

Any input or insights would be much appreciated

Hi,

I would suggest you call the Linn helpline, they are very good and can guide you through the issue you are trying to resolve.

I have used a similar set up on my set up while trying a sub.

If you want to PM me please do if that makes it easier for you.

Cheers

John

Hi,

I would suggest you call the Linn helpline, they are very good and can guide you through the issue you are trying to resolve.

I have used a similar set up on my set up while trying a sub.

If you want to PM me please do if that makes it easier for you.

Cheers

John
Hi John

Thanks for the reply, are you by any chance the same John that I spoke to on the Linn support line? Well as usual I got very clear guidance on what to do regarding my sub, and it was simply a case of using one of the (unused) channel outputs (left or right) on my power amp to connect into the low level of my subwoofer, much the way it was previously connected to the pre-out on my DSM.

Cheers

Jay

Hi John

Thanks for the reply, are you by any chance the same John that I spoke to on the Linn support line? Well as usual I got very clear guidance on what to do regarding my sub, and it was simply a case of using one of the (unused) channel outputs (left or right) on my power amp to connect into the low level of my subwoofer, much the way it was previously connected to the pre-out on my DSM.

Cheers

Jay

Hello Jay,

Glad you got things sorted out, as I say Linn are very helpful, I don't work for Linn but have used their equipment since the late 70's so well used to what their sound is and have often used their helpline, I beta test their Linn App so that's about all my input with Linn.

When you get your Akurate DSM try to get one that has the Katalyst DAC, that is what I use, it is a good upgrade from the older Akurate DSM's with the regular DAC.

Enjoy your system, it will give you many years of pleasure.

Cheers

John

advertisement

Back