advertisement

Linn Majik CD player value

Chris1234

pfm Member
I currently have a Linn Majik CD player but it hardly gets used so I wondered if anyone could advise me what it is worth if I decided to sell it?

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of this forum so I might give it a go. It’s in good condition and hardly used because I changed to streaming soon after buying it

Just checked the forum and I have to have over 30 posts in order to sell on it so I might give pinkfishmedia a go first if I decide to sell it

I currently have a Linn Majik CD player but it hardly gets used so I wondered if anyone could advise me what it is worth if I decided to sell it?
Does this actually decode HDCD? I remember trying one about 15 years ago and while it says HDCD I didn't notice a difference on appropriate discs. Could be me.
I have about 50 HDCDs and used Naim players for quite a few years so may be interested.

Does this actually decode HDCD? I remember trying one about 15 years ago and while it says HDCD I didn't notice a difference on appropriate discs. Could be me.
I have about 50 HDCDs and used Naim players for quite a few years so may be interested.
The simple answer is I don’t know, sorry

Thanks but I haven’t made my mind up yet about selling it but if I decide to get rid of it I will let you know

Hi there I had a Magik CD whose laser packed in recently.

I can confirm, however, that it played HDCDs, with an indication on the display that it was doing so.

Hope this helps

John

It's actually a really good player on a par with the meridian G08 and considerably better than an Ikemi.

Be sure you want to sell since it will be hard to get anything else as good or better for the probable resale value.

It's a product that seems to have somehow snuck under the radar in terms of price/performance.

considerably better than an Ikemi.

Not my experience, maybe taste plays a role.
Apart from CD12, the Ikemi was the best of the bunch IMO/IME
Lousy CD customer support/missing service option from Linn killed it all though.

Perhaps Linn had knobbled the Ikemi they were racing it against at the Bristol show in the year it came out.

2006? seems a lifetime ago now.

advertisement

Back