advertisement

[FS] Linn LP12

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
Linn LP12 turntable.

Please contact me for a full details. Main features:

Newly built and perfectly set up with good components.
Mint Cirkus bearing.
Hercules II two-speed power supply.
Mint Akito tonearm which has just been serviced by J7/Audio Origami
Linn K9 cartridge which comes with either the original stylus (which still sounds great) or a new VM95e stylus.

The rebuilding of the Akito tonearm is a big deal. The bearings fail on pretty much every Akito so if it's not been fixed, I wouldn't buy one. After the bearings are replaced the arm performs better than new and should never give any trouble again. You can contact John Nilsen (J7) for more info on this. He has also serviced the lift-lower mech and professionally cleaned the arm. It looks like new.

The deck looks sharp and sounds really good. I has powerful, weighty sound, very rhythmic, as all LP12s should be, with great bass.

The deck can be heard and comes in tatty but functional full LP12 packing.

Collection only from just East of Glasgow.

£1,100

Thank you.

Lovely deck and great price! :)
It's nice looking and sounds great. Johnnie says the serviced Akito 1 out performs an Akito 3 and I believe him. I was really surprised when the needle hit the groove. Miles better than a Basik arm you might get on a deck at this sort of price. Sounds properly good.

I also assumed the K9 stylus would be gubbed, the thing is thirty years old after all, but I plugged it in to test it and it sounds good! So the buyer can pick what he likes, the K9 stylus or a brand new VM95e one.

I have someone who seems keen to buy this but until it is actually sold you're still welcome to register interest.

Thank you.

Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum one day, the Burrel Collection the next. And a wonderful souvenir to take home from your visit! Job's a good 'un! 😀

Kelvingrove

Burrell
I wouldn't waste youtime in the Burrel regardless of it's high regards - looks like a wealthy bric-a-brac shop.
Instead, go to the Horeshoe bar in Glasgow for it's historic build, it's "varied" punters - and get some beer at the same time!

advertisement

Back