advertisement

[FS] Linn LP12/Rega RB251/AT VM95e

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
Linn LP12 Turntable.

Just built from the bare plinth up. Perfectly set up and sounding very nice.

Rosenut plinth.
Cirkus bearing.
Valhalla PSU
Rega RB251 tonearm
Audio Technica VM95e cartridge.
Linn LP12 Box.

Please get in touch for a detailed description of the spec and more pictures. This deck is a solid introduction to the Linn LP12 world and good value.

£750. Collection only from ML6

Thank you.

I'm kinda on a mission to build nice LP12s as cheaply as possible. It's more a hobby than anything so I don't need to make a lot of money on them. The hard part is collecting the parts at good prices. It's annoying that LP12s have gone up in value so much and a lot of people are priced out of the game. This is what an entry LP12 should cost.

Tbh it’s one of two “icons” I want to hear and own, I have had a lot of decent turntables. So I wanna try something a bit different, and then maybe I’ll try LP12 when/if I go back to belts

Tbh it’s one of two “icons” I want to hear and own, I have had a lot of decent turntables. So I wanna try something a bit different, and then maybe I’ll try LP12 when/if I go back to belts
Well I'll be building another one soon. Better spec than this but hopefully still good value.

Looks good, sounds like a good build, good price. Great for someone wanting to try an LP 12.
Good luck with the sale.

Still available?
No, it sold a week ago. Forgot to update the thread, sorry,

However I'm just finishing another one which is better spec. It has a mint Cirkus too but it has a Hercules two-speed PSU and an Akito tonearm. Importantly, the Akito went to J7 (Audio Origami fame) for a rebuild so the bearings are sorted and should never cause problems again. The Akito is a nice arm but unless it's been rebuilt they're a liability.

Will be building another after that which will be cheaper.

Ok thanks, please keep me informed on the cheaper one, looking for a friend. It would need to be shipped to Northern Ireland so we would have to sort a box. He is an old hand at LP12s so wouldn’t be a problem building it up on arrival. Thanks

Ok thanks, please keep me informed on the cheaper one, looking for a friend. It would need to be shipped to Northern Ireland so we would have to sort a box. He is an old hand at LP12s so wouldn’t be a problem building it up on arrival. Thanks
They're collection only I'm afraid. I have boxes for both but couriers are just too risky. I want people to come to the house, see and hear the deck so I know they're happy with what they're getting. If he's good with the LP12 he could maybe just build up one himself?

advertisement

Back