advertisement

[WTD] Linn LP12 Rega-cut Armboards (wanted)

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
I'm trying to build very cheap entry LP12. The best arms to use are Rega ones. The cost, performance, reliability is unbeatable but the armboards screw me up. Used ones are rare and new ones are almost £100! And if you're trying to field a complete LP12 for £600-£700 that's a big hit.

Anyone got a Rega LP12 armboard in drawer? Anything except the early painted MDF ones which are all bent now and about as stiff as toilet paper.

Thank you.

The Origin Live Rega cut LP12 arm boards can be bought new for £28 online.
I know. I've used one before and they're fine. More or less the same as the older double-laminate Linn ones. But the fact it was missing the Linn logo bugged me. If I was buying my first LP12 I'd want the thing to say Linn on it! I may resort to the Origin Live ones but I'd rather get the real deal if I can.

Or figure out how to paint the logo onto the blank board... ;0)

I know. I've used one before and they're fine. More or less the same as the older double-laminate Linn ones. But the fact it was missing the Linn logo bugged me. If I was buying my first LP12 I'd want the thing to say Linn on it! I may resort to the Origin Live ones but I'd rather get the real deal if I can.

Or figure out how to paint the logo onto the blank board... ;0)
If you ever figure this out do let me know, I've wondering how to get a logo on my blank armboard.

If you ever figure this out do let me know, I've wondering how to get a logo on my blank armboard.
I can think of a couple of possibilities. The best I can think of is cutting a vinyl mask with a plotter. Can't see why it would not work. The original will be screen printed but that's way too involved.

I used a blank armboard for years and it always annoyed me.

I can think of a couple of possibilities. The best I can think of is cutting a vinyl mask with a plotter. Can't see why it would not work. The original will be screen printed but that's way too involved.

I used a blank armboard for years and it always annoyed me.
Yes, I saw how they do this at the factory, looked extremely simple. Some lump of putty or similar pressed down onto the board. I was surprised it worked so well.

Yes, I saw how they do this at the factory, looked extremely simple. Some lump of putty or similar pressed down onto the board. I was surprised it worked so well.
The skill is in the prep. Making up the screen and positioning markers etc. You need to have the stuff to make the screens. I doubt Linn do that themselves, in fact I'm surprised the print them themselves. It would be much simpler to get a screen printer to do it.

It could be a rubber printing block but I'd be surprised.

I have one (am in the USA). $40 if that is viable for you. It is in excellent cosmetic condition (older logo). Hole was enlarged slightly for a VTA adjuster but will still be useable with a stock Rega arm (old style without the three mounting bolts). Guess will work for newer arms if you drill for those 3 holes.

Hi,
I have one that I've just removed the rega RB300 arm from and that's now been fitted to a Thorens TD160 Deck.
If interested drop me a pm and I can send you photos of it ... Looks good to me and will look well on any LP12 project.
Cheers
George

advertisement

Back