advertisement

[WTD] Linn LP12 parts

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
I try to build low cost LP12s but I regularly find myself looking for the same parts.

Rega armboard:
Linn charge nearly £100 for these when you can get Linn cut ones for £70. They rarely come up used as most people have Linn arms on their LP12. Any double laminated or newer armboard is welcome.

Baseboard:
I don't know why it's something you tend not to pick up when you buy LP12 parts. Nothing fancy, I'm just looking for plain old baseboards.

Cirkus sub-chassis:
I only need one just now but where are they? I literally have a pile of pre-Cirkus sub-chassis!

Thank you :0)

Yes, I have bought a couple of things from you before but I think some of your prices are ridiculous. You sell tonearms for more than the going rate for complete arms but you don't even include the arm cable. Something which was always included with the arm.

I contacted you last year about a Rega armboard you were selling. Someone had made the hole bigger, presumably to fit a different arm, and done a real hack-job of it. Board was a mess and you still wanted about £50 for it and wouldn't consider offers.

I'm trying to build LP12s and sell them at less than the going rate. Your shop is not much use to me.

There’s a school of thought that the LP12 sounds better sans baseboard anyway.
It does, but I can't sell them that way. Neither of my LP12s have baseboards but I can't sell someone an LP12 which might kill his children! ;0) They need to be complete and PAT tested, yes I'm qualified to do that. The Majik would be safe enough but a Valhalla or Hercules deck is quite dangerous without a baseboard.

I think the problem with old baseboards is that there is so little value in them that people don't bother to sell them. Rega armboards are just plane rare.

Baseboard would be very easy to make I'd have thought. ..5mm MDF ......the arm board also 10mm MDF. Getting a good finish on the arm board would be a faff if you're not a DIY type I guess. And there is the issue of no Linn logo.

The Origin Live armboards are good. They are not exactly the same, the laminate is thinner, but they're close enough. I used one on my LP12 for years but the absence of the Linn logo annoyed me. I feel the deck just doesn't look right without it.

It does just go to show how big a rip-off Linn ones are. Linn must sell a heck of a lot more armboards than Origin Live so how come they're twice the price for essentially the same thing?

I know all about plinths! I set a guy up with a small business making and selling LP12 plinths. I have used his plinths but I prefer to use genuine Linn plinths where possible as the quality is better.

I’m sure I have a rega one up my attic along with a Valhalla and possibly some other bits and bobs. I’ll get back to you

I’m sure I have a rega one up my attic along with a Valhalla and possibly some other bits and bobs. I’ll get back to you
Sounds good. What I try and do is buy decks which have things wrong with them or buy collections of bits so anything is of interest. It gets used eventually.

Yes, I have bought a couple of things from you before but I think some of your prices are ridiculous. You sell tonearms for more than the going rate for complete arms but you don't even include the arm cable. Something which was always included with the arm.

I contacted you last year about a Rega armboard you were selling. Someone had made the hole bigger, presumably to fit a different arm, and done a real hack-job of it. Board was a mess and you still wanted about £50 for it and wouldn't consider offers.

I'm trying to build LP12s and sell them at less than the going rate. Your shop is not much use to me.
Yer 100% avoid hifibits

^^^ Guy at LP12 Bits is a super chap to deal with, his stock is in top condition and his packaging is excellent.
I'm sure that's true but he's the most expensive place to buy anything. It's a good resource and a good idea but if you're working at the budget end of LP12 land you're better looking elsewhere.

Hi @Mr Pig -- I have this stuff for sale in the US, if it's of interest. I have a couple baseboards in there, as well. I'd be willing to do a deal for a fellow PFMer.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650084183-linn-kore-for-naim-aro/

All best,
Joe

advertisement

Back