advertisement

Linn Kiko

The first thing from Linn in a while that looks like its designed for real people rather than us nerds. Wonder how the Spotify integration works.

HDMI switcher/repeater too so sound-over HDMI will be needed there..

I hope is sells well. Its a crowded market

My thoughts exactly, hifi for sane people.

looks very similar to my sky 1tb hd box. I can't say the design is anything special especially for the money.

Dawg

2500 pounds........"manufactured in China it would be half that" True. Many jobs, perhaps including your own, can be done in China. Not having to worry about environmental, child labor, minimum wage and other regulations your employer could afford to sell the products of your labor very cheaply. Depending on how you look at things, lowest cost may or may not be your best value.

Dawg

2500 pounds........"manufactured in China it would be half that" True. Many jobs, perhaps including your own, can be done in China. Not having to worry about environmental, child labor, minimum wage and other regulations your employer could afford to sell the products of your labor very cheaply. Depending on how you look at things, lowest cost may or may not be your best value.

Fortunately, there are many companies in uk that produce products that do not compete by price alone. :)

At times, lower production cost does not translate to lower pricing. There are quite a number of companies producing high end products are shifting their manufacturing to China. The prices of these products did not correspondingly go down. These creates high profit margin for these companies that result in high gini coefficient.

This looks like their 21st century version of the entry-level 'Classik' system. Very well-featured. I wonder how such small Aktiv speakers sound...

Linn's high-overhead UK production will obviously add to the cost, but the cycle is beginning to turn against high-quality Chinese production as their overheads, standard of living, and wages rise. Some manufacturers (although not hifi AFAIK) have already brought back production to the UK, and others are considering it.

I heard one today. Not bad at all. Considering the simplicity - no speaker stands or hifi rack required, no thick speaker cables - it's brilliant for anywhere you need a second system/can't be bothered with speakers dominating the room/can be re-positioned quickly. Just try moving a conventional system into a different room for party!

If you want what it does, it's great. Not for purists, though.

advertisement

Back