advertisement

Linn Kandid - new cartridge...

Wolfmancatsup

Empire State Human
So, rumour has it, a little short of £3k:-

image_zps7a070d28.jpg

image_zpsbcd6d6d7.jpg

Didn't see any other threads about it but apologies if one already exists. Cheers to Fangfossflyer for the images.

Mick

PS Bit scared by the stylus cover that appears to slide on from the front - potential to catch the stylus?

Looks nifty, but I'd have called it the Linn Katydid and made it green.

141pm2.jpg

Joe

All the Lyra stylus guards slide on from the front. Not been an issue for me - yet!!!

CJ

Is that the finished product? im of the thinking that Linn use a tombola set up to fish out the product prices!

Looks half lyra and half dynavector!

Looks entirely Lyra to me (which is hardly surprising as they make it for Linn) - still, nice to see Linn releasing new cartridges :).

Is that the finished product? im of the thinking that Linn use a tombola set up to fish out the product prices!

Have you not looked at the price of cartridges lately? It's not cheap by any means, but is in line with comparable Lyra models and those from other makes...

I usually don't complain about audio prices because no one is forcing me to buying anything, but can someone explain why cartridges are so expensive?

I know, no economies of scale, the fancy ones are all hand-made by Hobbits and elves, it's prestigious and all that, but it is that expensive to hand-build a good cartridge?

Joe

I usually don't complain about audio prices because no one is forcing me to buying anything, but can someone explain why cartridges are so expensive?

I know, no economies of scale, the fancy ones are all hand-made by Hobbits and elves, it's prestigious and all that, but it is that expensive to hand-build a good cartridge?

Joe

You are a rebel! Someone silence the non-compliant one.

Louballoo

I'll take one.

Anyone else having problems accessing the Linn forum? I'm getting an SQL error. Works when I'm logged off from the forum.

advertisement

Back