advertisement

Linn KAN/SARA stands

cchean

pfm Member
I just bought a pair of stands locally which I thought were the stands for the Linn Saras. I measured the top plate and it is 7 1/2" x 6 1/4". it seems the top plate for the SARA stands are 9 3/4" x 8 1/2". Does anyone know if the top plate dimensions are the only difference or the stans itself is different? My stands measure 23" high with the spikes on. Pictures to follow.

The stand itself are different, IIRC.

I have both Kan and Sara stands, I will find out the dimensions when I get home On Friday. Hope that will help.

I recently bought Sara's that had EPOS stands included.
They were bought by the original owner from a dealer as a pair from new.
They looked much like Sara stands.

I personally didn't use the stands them and gave them away.

I recently bought Sara's that had EPOS stands included. They were bought by the original owner from a dealer as a pair from new. They looked much like Sara stands.

I suspect that a few manufacturers, like Linn, Epos and Heybrook, got their stands made by the same company. I've got a pair of stands here which are identical to Sara stands except for different style of feet.

Their base, height and top plate are all different.

Sara's top plate and base is slightly bigger than Kan's, but Kan's height is about 5-6cms more than Sara's.

I thought Sara stands were 4 straight pillars and Kan stands sloping back front pillars? The latter have a pretty small top plate for sure

No, they are both the same design just different proportions. The sloping ones might be Sound Org stands or something.

Linn made two versions of the Kan stand, I had the version with the sloping front leg. Definitely had a Linn label on it and I bought them new from a dealer.

Linn made two versions of the Kan stand, I had the version with the sloping front leg. Definitely had a Linn label on it and I bought them new from a dealer.

Yes but they were nothing like the Sara and later Kan stands. The Mk1 Kan stand just had two legs but yes, they were the original genuine Kan stands.

I recall two versions of the Linn Kan stand. Both were similar, the later had thicker bottom spikes and upward spikes on the top plate. No sloped uprights on either, it was around 1985 when the change took place. I have some SO Kan stands with sloped front uprights.

JJG3GOh.jpeg

Below are Kan stands 2.

$_86.JPG

advertisement

Back