advertisement

Linn Kan MKI

A bit of an anorak question I’m afraid…

My Kan Mk 1’s are very early ones, in fact so early that I wonder if they might have been prototypes of some sort.

The serial numbers are 10143 & 10144. They are afro or teak finish,they have the sticking out posts and the round “Passed Final Inspection” stickers but not the square ones that are normally seen above the binding posts, here is where the small white round ones are.

Any clues as to how old they might be?

FWIW they sound very warm and mellow for Kans. They are used in a second system and are PERFECT for that system so I don’t want anything to change!

Also.... I got them from a guy in Scotland.... hmmmmm

I remember my Beautiful Rosewood pair that i owned,My colleague at the time asked me if i'd mind bringing them down to the shop for a customer to listen to,i could have throttled him after i discovered he'd sold them to him!!!
Every other pair i'd ever owned or heard since were never as good!!!!!

I bought a pair of new Linn Kans back when Tottenham Court road had some half decent Hi-Fi stores you could browse in. I still think they are the best small speakers I've ever lived with and one of the best available when it came to forgetting about the stereo and enjoying the music. Yes they did (for me at least) have bass that didn't go down low enough but that didn't stop me from really enjoying playing music through them for many years.

advertisement

Back