advertisement

Linn K9 cartridge with new range AT-VMN stylus

Nick Urfe

pfm Member
The new Audio Technica VMN95 range of styli are available after the company reintroduced the budget favourite AT95 cartridge. These new styli fit perfectly onto a Linn K9 cartridge. The range includes the usual conical and elliptical styli at low cost, and another (higher cost) with a nude elliptical. However, the range also includes a microline stylus (£130), and another with a shibata (£160). Has anyone tried this?

Briefly heard the ML and it sounded good, until the diamond went out of alignment. This was the second one my dealer has had to send back.

I bought a good condition K9 stylii for my office system instead which sounds great. I will probably come back to AT's new range in a year or so when hopefully they will be more reliable.

Worth buying from a reputable dealer that knows what to look out for.

How did you find the K9's SQ compared using the K9 stylus to the AT microline?
Briefly heard the ML and it sounded good, until the diamond went out of alignment. This was the second one my dealer has had to send back.

I bought a good condition K9 stylii instead which sounds great. I will probably come back to AT's new range in a year or so when hopefully they will be more reliable.

How did you find the K9's SQ compared using the K9 stylus to the AT microline?
Sorry but I didn't listen back to back and was not familiar with that particular setup either.

I wasn't really expecting it to be better than a K9 but was hoping it would have less inner groove distortion than the 95E.

I installed a VMN95EN stylus on a frien'ds LP12 with a K9 and it sounded really good!

advertisement

Back