advertisement

Linn Isobariks for sale.

phonography

Trade: Phonography
Linn Isobarik Loudspeakers in black ash.

Final production derivatives with Kustone damping & individual connection to each drive unit, so can be driven by loads and loads of stereo amplifiers, with an active crossover, or in normal passive mode with a suitable crossover.
Crossover & stands not included.
In excellent working order, never been out of the industry, first private owner the lovely Hamish from SO York, known him for forty years, never said a bad word about me to my face, next owner, Geoff from Acoustica, he used them at home, holidayed with them in Portugal for a while, and now temporarily in Salisbury with me.
Geoffs moved house and has no room for two Isobarik systems, poor soul, so has asked me to look them over and sell them for him. I looked them over, they’re black, Isobariks, no dings or marks, in fact very good.
Geoff needs the money for a hair transplant, too much on his head, none on his legs, so please be sympathetic and buy them.
Boxes are old and soft like me, not suitable for going through a courier hub, ok for general protection.

As flights to Turkey seem to be rising, he’s asking for £750, also has a pair of matching crossovers, wired with Linn and Dunlops answer to speaker cable, K400, by the aforementioned paragon of virtue in York, £350.
No stands unfortunately, so if anyone’s got a pair of stands knocking around holding up a couple of plant pots, I’m sure Geoff would be interested.
Tell your friends, please help, he’s desperate for hairy legs.

The day after I posted this ad, I received a legal missive from Bull, Seaman and Dribble, solicitors, informing me that I had been misinformed,
Hamish had never owned the Isobariks, and any compromising photographs we had were fake. Whilst they admitted that either he or one of his staff had indeed wired the crossovers with Dunlop 400, he could not recall as to whom. Mm, where have a I heard that before?
I have also been informed that the story about Geoff needing a leg hair transplant was just an ugly rumour put about by Doug Graham.
Please accept my apologies, What started out to be a favour for a colleague has been extremely traumatic, I have been threatened with legal proceedings, and taken many angry phone calls from within the trade in defence of Hamish. Apparently he did say something offensive about me to my face once at a hi fi do, but I was so pissed I didn’t notice.
I can only surmise it was evil plot by Doug, somewhat helped by him plying me with malt whisky whilst composing the ad.
So, Isobariks still for sale, please buy and get Geoff, Doug and solicitors off my back, thank you.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back