advertisement

Linn Isobariks - Avondale Amps, Naim Naxo etc., Which Connections for Active Listening?? Please Help?

Hmmm... looking at this, I think I am out of my 'comfort zone' by a fair amount. I'm concerned about de-soldering and re-soldering these wires...

I would just use them with the preamp, one power amp and a preamp power supply if you don't know what you are doing. Way less risk of blowing up your tweeters for the uninitiated.
you can then sell on the other kit for a nice wee sum.

Rgds
Stuart

Hmmm... looking at this, I think I am out of my 'comfort zone' by a fair amount. I'm concerned about de-soldering and re-soldering these wires...
Hi, so are you saying that the external crossovers I have...are the likely problem-solver and will sort the Active setup?

I would just use them with the preamp, one power amp and a preamp power supply if you don't know what you are doing. Way less risk of blowing up your tweeters for the uninitiated.
you can then sell on the other kit for a nice wee sum.

Rgds
Stuart
Hi Stuart, you do have a point. šŸ˜… It certainly gives time to work on the rest.

Hi, so are you saying that the external crossovers I have...are the likely problem-solver and will sort the Active setup?
You will need to get the wiring in the base of the Isobariks sorted in order to use the external crossovers but then yes you are part way on the way to getting the system working actively.

Regards

Richard

Long time Naim active user, although not familiar with Isobariks, one tip to bear in mind.
When doing initial connections, leave treble amp switched off and leave the treble speaker cables unconnected, to avoid potential calamity.

advertisement

Back