advertisement

LINN DIREKTOR stereo amp reset

jackson54000

Hi Guys,

I just bought this LINN Direktor stereo amplifier from a pawn shop for 150 US Dollar. I am unable to understand its features. There are three audio in on its back. I am only able to listen to music from audio in 3. it gives me the options of "M BED" (AUDIO 3) and "LOUNGE". I cant seem to find its manual anywhere online. The guy said it needs to be reconfigured. If anyone can share its manual with me or tell me how to reset it it would be greatly appreciated. Also is it a keeper or should i just sell it?

Hi Guys,

I just bought this LINN Direktor stereo amplifier from a pawn shop for 150 US Dollar. I am unable to understand its features. There are three audio in on its back. I am only able to listen to music from audio in 3. it gives me the options of "M BED" (AUDIO 3) and "LOUNGE". I cant seem to find its manual anywhere online. The guy said it needs to be reconfigured. If anyone can share its manual with me or tell me how to reset it it would be greatly appreciated. Also is it a keeper or should i just sell it?
Manual here https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/linn/direktor.shtml

They can only be configured by someone with the correct interface dongle and software. They were a custom install product and were never designed to be installed/configured by the end user.

Your best bet is to call around local dealers and see if they have the kit needed or know of anyone that does… might be best off returning it and spending a little more to get a Majik I though, it’s a better amp and requires no configuring. You’re going to have to pay someone to configure it anyway.

The director is a nice little room amp for non critical listening, i Used to have 3 or 4 when we had a knekt system. you need linnstall and a serial dongle for the sw (you can find the dongle config online with some searching) I made one years ago,it’s a 5 min job to reset it but without the linnstall app I don’t know any other way. its a shame linn didn’t make linnstall open source when they discontinued it as knekt has some good merits

@jackson54000

Not sure where you are located, but is a knekt on eBay (US) for $65 plus shipping. Doesn’t solve the software problem but might put you one step closer - and might make it easier for a sympathetic dealer to help.

advertisement

Back