advertisement

Linn cartridge leads - Ittok vs Akito

maccavelli

pfm Member
Hello, I am looking to get cartridge leads for my black Ittok LVII, the previous cartridge fitted to it was a troika, hence there was no need for the leads because cartridge leads are already hardwired into the troika. Now it is time to change the cartridge and I do not have any detachable leads for it. Is the anything of special quality about the Ittok cartridge leads or will the Akito ones I have be just as suitable.

thanks to all

They're definately nothing special - forget all the hype and foo!

You might need to open up or close the push on tags accordingly to suit the pins on the arm or your chosen cartridge accordingly.

Thanks for the replies, I remember Linn in the 80's, the placed no importance on interconnects or connecting cables. As far as they were concerned there was no advantage to be had by changing them.

In my youth I used to make my own, mainly because I had a Decca London so needed a Y cable for the -ve connections. Possibly out of sheer masochism I made them with many strands of fine enamelled wire, and they took ages to make, and were a bit fragile too. Wasted time I could have spent listening to music...
In those days a trip to your local dealer would have got you a decent set for a few quid, or probably free if you were a regular. Look for something with decent tubular connectors, and crimped, rather than soldered. I can't see that there would be any real sonic difference between sets that are well made and fit snugly, but I do still regularly (about once a year) pull mine off and refit them to clean the contacts, as there are carrying tiny voltages.

advertisement

Back