advertisement

Linn bloody Linn

I was given their fridge and microwave, a couple of years later, as they refurbished their kitchen . Both the fridge and microwave are still working perfectly...
Virtually nothing is made that well today. Products can still be reliable as they've refined the components down to configurations they know work but the depth of quality is not there. Cars have plastic rocker covers, sumps and manifolds which have caused issues. We had a plastic coolant manifold crack on a Mazda and the Ford Ecoboost fiasco is well known.

Virtually nothing is made that well today. Products can still be reliable as they've refined the components down to configurations they know work but the depth of quality is not there. Cars have plastic rocker covers, sumps and manifolds which have caused issues. We had a plastic coolant manifold crack on a Mazda and the Ford Ecoboost fiasco is well known.
In hifi, from what I saw at Munich, there are incredible improvements in quality, design and sheer engineering. The engineering of the chassis of hifi components was jaw dropping. The woodwork on speaker cabinets was flawless. Cables and connectors are space age made to unbelievable standards. I was very impressed, I didn't know things could be made that good.

Even the Airbus 320neo oozed quality and engineering beyond anything I've seen before. However I did find the seats on the old underground trains more comfortable than the new ones, but the ride quality wasn't quite as good...the world is definitely getting much better and at an incredible rate. Engineering of products is imho better than ever.

advertisement

Back