advertisement

[FS] Lindemann Musicbook Source - Network Player / DAC / Pre-Amp

Trekker

pfm Member
For sale is my Lindemann Musicbook Source (MK1).

Purchased as an ex-demo unit, boxed and in excellent condition.

This is very versatile unit which I have used with a Musicbook 55 Power Amp, but also works well with Active loudspeakers.

This includes the optional remote control and has the MM Phono input option.

Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, Radio and Roon Capable
CD Drive Support. Apple USB SuperDrive matches nicely
DSD upsampling
Dual Mono Digital-to-analogue convertors (DACs) - AKM4493
Class A Headphone Amplifier

TrF0FpU.jpeg

qlezPqb.jpeg

0UUznhL.jpeg

These were £3,400 new. I'm asking £1,485 + postage.

Last edited:
This is a brilliant machine. There’s a danger of boxing it off as a lifestyle or convenience unit, but I was absolutely astonished at the SQ of both the pre and dac sections.

The preamp section is really detailed and transparent, with wonderful sound width and separation. There’s something ‘more’ to it too though, a flavour and decay and texture that bears more than a passing resemblance to the cleanest valve preamps I’ve owned, ala my old Modwright swl 9.0.

The DAC section is world class (Norbert’s Lindemanns forte), and the inbuilt streaming client is very useable. I had expected to buy a standalone phono stage when funds allow, but found that the MM ‘stage is more than good enough for me, and iirc the mk1 has adjustable gain, so is in fact more flexible than my Mk 2 model. Add an SUT of your choice and you’re MC ready. The headphone stage is top drawer too.

I won’t ever sell mine, and I’d unreservedly recommend this to anyone half interested.

advertisement

Back