advertisement

Life after Harbeth.......Proac Tablette Anniversary

Shame about the veneer problem. Check out the new Focal Shape series. Fully active, innovative bass radiator system, and drivers with especially good performance in the midrange due to a special woofer surround. They are genuine studio speakers and you'll be replacing the amp and speakers at once and with all the advantages of an active setup.

From what I've heard, Croft are a great match with Proacs, but I've not heard the smaller studio monitors. The people to ask would be Deco Audio, who are Proac and Croft dealers. They seem to be big fans of the SM100s from what they say on their website.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. The Tablettes get picked up Friday so I guess I won't know until early next week what my options are - get a new pair in Rosewood or see if I can consider something different.

don't know what you've spent or if you want to add anymore dosh to the equation, but Stewart Tyler told me a fair bit about the DB1s and the new advancements in the drivers and crossovers used, and the cabinets are much stiffer and heavily damped. IIRC they're about 50% heavier than the tabs but they do retail for £1900... If you have the choice and time, maybe worth speaking to him, he's a friendly and very informative chap.

Never been a huge fan of AE speakers - these do look stunning though.

If I was going to push the boat out I would be more than likely be tempted by the Studio 100's (to go back to your previous post regarding the DB1's).

If you look at my other thread I may be forced into changing them anyway - got some issues with the veneer on one of the Tablettes and as they are a discontinued line and Rosewood a premium finish it may be that I cannot get another pair!

Very frustrating. I have made a few tweaks (schoolboy errors corrected) and the Tablettes are getting closer to what I am looking for.

Good to know the Tablette Anniversaries are getting closer to your ideal sound with few tweaks. It can be a vicious cycle by trying out new speakers, though you would never know what's in for you if you did not try. Do keep us updated with your decision.

advertisement

Back