advertisement

[FS] Lenco GL75 modified ‘Jolly’ bearing

RichShortland

pfm Member
Lenco GL75 modified ‘Jolly’ bearing

For sale a modified original Lenco main bearing.
The modification originally was done by Lenco Heaven forum member Jolyon and is a well respected and regarded upgrade. The new bearing includes a bespoke machined new thrust pad assembly which includes a much better seal for the oil and is also threaded underneath - I braced this on the bottom of the plinth which improved the sound further. The new assembly is much more robust with an improved thrust pad and nitride bearing ball.
The modification lowers the noise floor, brings added space and improves timing. Used on a PTP Lenco and sounded superb.

For sale as I have further upgraded the bearing.
Asking £40 posted.

IMG-3258.jpg

IMG-3259.jpg

IMG-3260.jpg

Lenco GL75 modified ‘Jolly’ bearing

For sale a modified original Lenco main bearing.
The modification originally was done by Lenco Heaven forum member Jolyon and is a well respected and regarded upgrade. The new bearing includes a bespoke machined new thrust pad assembly which includes a much better seal for the oil and is also threaded underneath - I braced this on the bottom of the plinth which improved the sound further. The new assembly is much more robust with an improved thrust pad and nitride bearing ball.
The modification lowers the noise floor, brings added space and improves timing. Used on a PTP Lenco and sounded superb.

For sale as I have further upgraded the bearing.
Asking £40 posted.

IMG-3258.jpg

IMG-3259.jpg

IMG-3260.jpg
What bearing did you replace this with?

I have moved on to the SpH bearing made by LencoHeaven forum member Sien. He also makes various other Lenco parts such as platters / mats. He makes a complete replacement bearing including spindle assembly. It is large however and needs quite a bit of depth clearance but moves the performance up again another level from modified original bearings/spindles.

R.S. Thank you for the 'clarification'.
I've been a member of L.H. for several years (2010), and have read about 'Sien's' bearings. In fact, I purchased one of his 'cartridge alignment' tools last year which I have found easier to use than my 'Dr Feickert' (ancient eyes).

Regards
Mike K.

Yes I’m very impressed so far with the SpH bearing. The quality of manufacture is very good and the sound is superb straight away. Apparently it takes up to 40/50 hours to run in fully and improves further as it does so. It can also run a stacked platter but I’m less tempted to do so at the minute. I may try a delrin or similar platter on top of the Lenco platter - something like the upgrade ones made for Rega decks and see how that sounds. Sien is also very helpful.

Yes I’m very impressed so far with the SpH bearing. The quality of manufacture is very good and the sound is superb straight away. Apparently it takes up to 40/50 hours to run in fully and improves further as it does so. It can also run a stacked platter but I’m less tempted to do so at the minute. I may try a delrin or similar platter on top of the Lenco platter - something like the upgrade ones made for Rega decks and see how that sounds. Sien is also very helpful.
Thanks for posting. Where do you get the Delrin platters from?

advertisement

Back