advertisement

Leesa Mattress - has anyone tried it?

Natural Latex mattresses are comfortable and can last for over 20 years. Dunlop and Talalay latex can be chosen with different firmness.

Natural Latex mattresses are comfortable and can last for over 20 years. Dunlop and Talalay latex can be chosen with different firmness.

Very happy with our Dunlopillow mattresses. We have them on linked adjustable beds. My wife and I have different firmnesses chosen after a couple of visits to the local shop.

Too late to the party I see, but I bought a Leesa mattress at the beginning of last year.

I loved it for the first few months. Extremely comfortable, supportive, didn't get too warm like other memory foam mattresses I'd tried and I found that the back problems I'd been starting to get went away.

That all started going away after around 3 months when I found myself laying on it feeling as if my top half was sinking into it while my legs were suspended over the top of it. It continued to get more uncomfortable and less supportive until I got to a point where I just couldn't sleep on it anymore and it got replaced.

With it having been very comfortable for about 3 months and that was it, that 100 day guarantee seems like a little too much of a coincidence to me.

We have a Leesa. In fact, we have two (one for us, one for younger son). Very pleased with it. Much better than our previous mattresses (Silent night latex, Ikea), although initially it felt slightly strange. Can't claim it to be the 'silver bullet' to the perfect night's sleep - no mattress can - but I feel more refreshed and can sleep longer with the Leesa.

Expensive? Perhaps, but not compared to some competing brands - Tempur etc. - but what price a good night's sleep.

Edit: we've not yet had it three months. Gulp (in response to the post before).

Too late to the party I see, but I bought a Leesa mattress at the beginning of last year.

I loved it for the first few months. Extremely comfortable, supportive, didn't get too warm like other memory foam mattresses I'd tried and I found that the back problems I'd been starting to get went away.

That all started going away after around 3 months when I found myself laying on it feeling as if my top half was sinking into it while my legs were suspended over the top of it. It continued to get more uncomfortable and less supportive until I got to a point where I just couldn't sleep on it anymore and it got replaced.

With it having been very comfortable for about 3 months and that was it, that 100 day guarantee seems like a little too much of a coincidence to me.

I have had Driftsleep, Herdy, Jysk, Eve, Sleeping duck, IKEA over last couple of years. The jysk, eve and sleeping duck all went that way. Comfortable for a couple of months and then lose their comfort.

Driftsleep was good quality but very firm. The herdy sleep was brilliant. Great service, good quality and very comfortable but not so good for side sleepers.

Have a look at John Lewis own range of pocket sprung mattresses which I am told are very good and are made for JL by a famous mattress manufacturer.

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis...nen-pocket-spring-mattress-king-size/p2429080

We're on our second John Lewis mattress, because the first was so good. However, the second one is awful - purchase price around £800. When SWMBO can't sleep because of my snoring, she goes and sleeps on the old mattress which is now in bedroom 2 and now she thinks she might decamp permanently. I put it down to the mattress anyway.

Moral of story - it's probably pot luck. How can you gauge a mattress from a quick lie-down in a showroom? You end up thinking that the more you pay, the better it gets. But I don't think that's based on any evidence IMO.

Watching this thread with interest though....

We're on our second John Lewis mattress, because the first was so good. However, the second one is awful - purchase price around £800. When SWMBO can't sleep because of my snoring, she goes and sleeps on the old mattress which is now in bedroom 2 and now she thinks she might decamp permanently. I put it down to the mattress anyway.

Moral of story - it's probably pot luck. How can you gauge a mattress from a quick lie-down in a showroom? You end up thinking that the more you pay, the better it gets. But I don't think that's based on any evidence IMO.

Watching this thread with interest though....

£800 in JL mattresses is pretty cheap. I found with Jl you don't get a decent mattress until about £1500. You may have got in a sale so not trying to offend.

I got a bit worried when I read this yesterday, as we got our Leesa in January (the previous, single Leesa we got in around November, and my younger son really likes it). However, I am sure that if every mattress degraded at around the three months point, they'd have gone out of business by now. Could be that the majority are fine.

Out of interest (and this is to the Leesa ex-owners) are you particularly heavy (or indeed light) and also are you back or side sleepers? Just trying to see if there's any sort of a pattern....

Seeing as I posted about this two years ago, I'd add that I'm still pretty happy with our Leesa mattress. It's not perfect but seems to be holding up well.

I've had a pocket sprung one from John Ryan for about 5 years now and expect it to last another 5. Cost was £1,100 but I sleep better than I ever did and back problems I had had are now a thing of the past.

It is an absolute beast though - 2 of us can just about turn it over.

I went from a £1000 John Lewis thousand pocket spring mattress, to a slumberland memory foam as suggested by Which mang, because, after onlt 7 years, the springs that take most load had collapsed. The same is likely to happen with the foam, but I saved £800, which is a lot, and the foam is fine as fine BUT warmer by far than the springs. If you like to sleep cool, keep to springs, if you like warm then foam is fine. The Ikea ones are excellent and cost very little money do if you don't get on with it you can at least be sure not to lose too much. We have two single mattresses on a king base since the old girl like a firm one (ok ok thank you) but mines a bit softer. boom boom.

Having owned many different mattresses over the years, inc top of the range pocket sprung, my most comfortable solution was the lowest priced IKEA latex (not foam) mattress with a memory foam topper (IKEA now offer these, but mine was a little thicker).

The latex breathes well, so I never found it too warm in summer, and I personally love the memory foam. If one’s partner prefers a different firmness, just vary the spec of the mattress under the topper (ie. combining two singles instead of one double).I like a mattress on the firm side, but with the softness of the memory foam on top.

And a fraction of the cost of Tempur.

advertisement

Back