advertisement

[FS] Leak Stereo 20

This is a ridiculous bargain - even moreso if you have a big set of Tannoy or Klipsch. You'll be in hifi nirvana.

I've decided to keep mine, as much as I need the money; it's that good.
Yep, mine is going nowhere even though I don't have suitable speakers at the moment. The ST20 was my favourite amplifier when I had big Tannoys.

After 40 years in the hobby, at the tender age of 61 I've settled with one of these and a pair of Quad IIs

I’ve got one of @Mike P Leak Stereo 20’s, and it absolutely glorious. I had a few back in the 90’s, but this one is on another level. He’s a superb builder, and an absolute gent too.

So this one is as good as they get. Buy with confidence. A Leak Stereo 20 and a good passive pre amp is one of the sweetest Hifi sounds you’ll ever hear.

I’ve had much more expensive setups, but there just a touch of magic with the Leak that’s hard to get elsewhere

C’mon guys, this is one of the best amplifier's you can buy at anything like the price and Mike rebuilds them beautifully.

I wish I weren’t in France. I’m certain such an amp would make the old ESLs sing wonderfully.
Still looking for that or a good pair of Quad 2. Not holding my breath though.

FWIW I was amazed this one stuck around so long. These are absolutely superb amps if sympathetically restored (as this one was). Genuine high-end. I’ll never sell my pair of early TL12 Plus (the mono precursor to the Stereo 20).

I wish I weren’t in France. I’m certain such an amp would make the old ESLs sing wonderfully.
Still looking for that or a good pair of Quad 2. Not holding my breath though.
run a st 20 with 57s and swap out regularly on rotation....
The difference between a 303 and quad II is margional..
Where as the Leak is more noticeable all with a passive pre.

advertisement

Back