advertisement

Leak Stereo 20 power connector

barryblue

pfm Member
Hi

As the title suggests I am looking for a source for the mating mains connector for a Leak that doesn't cost the earth. To be clear I am looking for the mains connector to plug into the Leak.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Barry

eBay is probably your best bet, though they are never especially cheap (link). The problem is that these 3 pin Bulgin mains plugs are not made anymore yet reside on the back of every classic Marshall, Hiwatt, Vox etc amp top. As they are bakelite they tend to crack if dropped or roughly handled in a gig scenario, so supply and demand dictates the price. Expect to pay £20-25 for a nice clean one. Also note there are two different sizes, the big one is what you want, not the mini as used on Quad 3 series kit etc (which are far cheaper as guitarists don't keep breaking them!).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
We used to use hundreds of these for fruit machines, we had a bucket full of them!
I wish I had kept a few.
I might have one squirrelled away some where I will have to dig through the garage at the weekend.

Pete

Those all look like mini-Bulgins for Quad 303s etc. The Leak/Marshall type is much bigger.

Those all look like mini-Bulgins for Quad 303s etc. The Leak/Marshall type is much bigger.

Yes, we used to call them standard Bulgins, as opposed to the later miniature type.
However there is an even bigger Bulgin mains connector, I have one on the back of a 1949 Gaumont Kalee type 564 Fluttter Meter.

I may also have one or two NOS standard connectors if anyone is interested, also some well used Bulgin mains leads.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the messages.

I looked at the RS parts but thought that they would not fit.

If anyone has spares that they want to sell - just pm me.

Thanks again

Barry

advertisement

Back