advertisement

Le Tour 2022

The speed of Fabio Jakobsen was incredible at the end of today's stage. A couple of nasty crashes today - i hope no-one is forced to withdraw. Great job by EF education pulling Rigoberto Uran back, and incredible work by Quick Step to pace the yellow jersey back to the peloton and then go on to win the stage. Jumbo and Quick Step looking very strong, as is Pogacar (almost a one man TdF winning team).

Valverde out, boring stage today in the main, a lot of crashes which is never good.

I’d much prefer it if the TT was the last stage. Can’t see anyone beating Pog but Thomas could get on the podium.

Just watching today's highlights, a great shot from above of the peloton looking like they're just cruisin', relaxed.
43km/h!

Love watching the TdF.

Does the TDF start in Yorkshire again this year?
Sadly, no. It starts in different countries every year and Yorkshire had its very successful go a few years back. Hopefully they'll be back before too long, I know that it was very well received by the organisers, the public and the riders.

Shame the Tour de Yorkshire seems to have folded with Covid and the collapse of Welcome To Yorkshire...

Shame the Tour de Yorkshire seems to have folded with Covid and the collapse of Welcome To Yorkshire...
I read somewhere that the TdY will be back, possibly in a different format. The problem is fitting it into the race calendar. A one day classic style race could be good.

I read somewhere that the TdY will be back, possibly in a different format. The problem is fitting it into the race calendar. A one day classic style race could be good.

They're hoping for 2024 but there's been nothing concrete - the rights were bought out when WtY folded

TdY has been a victim of the Welcome to Yorkshire serial catastrophes. A great shame but a lot of good will has been lost in terms of cycling within the county.

I do think a one day race on the grippy terrain of Yorkshire could cement itself into the calendar as part of the Spring classics season.

Great attack and win for Wout Van Aert. Poor Jasper Philipsen thought he had won when he out sprinted the bunch. Tomorrow looks interesting as the tour tackles a number of cobbled sectors en route to Arenberg Porte du Hainaut, the finish of Paris - Roubaix. Hope the pave is kind to the riders.

WvA! He obviously decided he wasn't going to finish second again :) I wonder what he has left for tomorrow, I'm looking forward to WvA, MVDP and Tom Pidcock attacking the cobbles.

Froomesque the way he did that. What is he on ?

Watched it unravel on Discovery (had a free offer)

Loving the total lack of ad breaks during the coverage on Discovery plus and Bradley with his live commentary on the back of that motorbike is just great TV.

Tivo enables ad free. I guess a simple Humax type device could do the same
ITV4 is head and shoulders above Europsort/GCN
Assume Discovery is piggy backing on them

WvA, looks like he wants to wrap up the Green jersey in the first week so that he can give full domestique assistance for Roglic and Vingegaard in the final weeks.

Watching the highlights now on ITV4. The cobbled sections look absolutely horrendous!

advertisement

Back