advertisement

Last minute UK holiday booking - hmmm...

Was in Llandudno today & upon venturing into some local shops was greeeted with no masks syndrome. We had ours on, had some funny looks, turns out the Welsh don't do shop masks as a requirement.

Was in Llandudno today & upon venturing into some local shops was greeeted with no masks syndrome. We had ours on, had some funny looks, turns out the Welsh don't do shop masks as a requirement.

Masks in Wales usually involve sheep, rustling or the “other activity”.

Following third holiday cancellation through CV-19, decided to swap Soller for a 12 night tour of NI and ROI in September..... looking forward to it

We couldn’t get into any good hotels in the Highlands so got on a two thirds empty plane to Reykjavík and travelled around Iceland for two weeks- quietest I’ve seen it in six years, accommodation available everywhere. Everyone tested when they come off the plane, results by txt same day. Will have to wait till Sept to do Scotland. Booked for Islay- home of Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bunnahabhain, Bruichladdich, Caol Ila, Lagavulin and Laphroaig- then onto Jura and up to stay at one of my favourites, The Torridon.

I can't quite fathom people being worried about holidays at present. I've not been to a pub, restaurant or cafe yet (aside from work, fully masked up of course) never mind a holiday.

I'm not doing anything until we have a gold plated vaccine.

I would be inclined to agree with you, lockdown has been a complete change of lifestyle and work /life balance for me, and i've no desire to go anywhere, but my wife, who has been working in the NHS throughout this, is stressed to the point of needing a break.

In Llandudno, rammed, glad we got private parking with the suite. Couldn't find anywhere to park in Conwy

Not too surprised it, has been absolutely mad around here the past 4-6 weeks. there is plenty of parking in Conwy if you drive into the residential streets just outside the town walls.

Bute was splendid at the weekend. Mobbed with families up form England, Scottish schools having gone back.

my1CeVI.jpg

the langoustines coming in-

uaxfALN.jpg

I was going to say South Stack, because we went to Anglesey quite often when I was a nipper, but then I thought, 'Nah, there's probably loads of other lighthouses that look like that'.

We have booked a nice hotel in Suffolk next week for five nights including breakfast and a three course evening meal. We booked the day before the government announced the VAT drop to 5%. Total cost £1595 but it is a suite. The hotel told us they will Honour the vat reduction which gives us the best part of £240 to spend on booze. In addition we can upgrade to the four course menu for nothing as it was ten quid above the normal £40 quid a head and is covered for three nights. At the time of booking my wife was prevaricating but I convinced her that if the vat reduction happened the hotels would be booked up and I would take the chance that we would get the vat saving. Really looking forward to doing sod all for five days other than enjoying ourselves. No airport crap, long transfers to the resort and expensive medical bills when SWMBO gets noshed by mosquitos and reacts badly.
What was the weather like?

advertisement

Back