advertisement

Laminate floor repair

tiggers

pfm Member
Have a lovely tenant who rang me last night in a panic as she has accidentally damaged the laminate floor in the house by dropping a drill and hole saw on it (she’s a painter/decorator). These things happen so I told her not to worry but as the floor is waterproof she was wondering about repairing it.

I have done some research and there are lots of repair kits available so I wondered if anyone on here has direct experience of a good one. The floor is Quickstep Ultra and the damage is a gouge about 15mm x 4mm x 4mm deep at its worst. I need a kit where you lay in, sand and paint to match but I need a good one as obviously I’ll only get one shot at it.

Anyone got any recommendations?

we used a wax stick repair kit, to repair a gouge in a laminate floor from when a stone got caught under a door and made a long scratch - about 30cm long, 2mm deep and 4mm wide.

Did the repair about 8 years ago - still intact.

I think ours is a briwax kit IIRC

we used a wax stick repair kit, to repair a gouge in a laminate floor from when a stone got caught under a door and made a long scratch - about 30cm long, 2mm deep and 4mm wide.

Did the repair about 8 years ago - still intact.

I think ours is a briwax kit IIRC
Thanks, that’s good information.

They used to do a tube of sort of epoxy that went real hard, we used it all the time for work, but I guess its wax now. Can't see how that lasts but I guess it does.

Had this recently . I cut out the soft stuff .painted it with wood hardener and allowed to dry . Then i used epoxy woodfiller which is 2 parts you mix together .then finally i varnished with matching varnish . Saves a lot if hassle replacing the lot .

I have always used Liberon waxes, you can mix any waxes to get the required colour match. Press really hard into filling areas and clean and smooth with a sharp fine chisel, I used to use a cranked paring chisel which ensures your hands are off the surface and the blade if tight to the substructure which prevents the chisel cutting edge from impeding the finish

advertisement

Back