advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

Sorry Matt I'm afraid I jumped straight to the chapter on ‘Woke Politics’ & LGBT Education', skipped through a few minutes and closed it. I heard enough.

He's a nasty little bigot and I'm not interested in anything else he might have to say.

Fair enough, I wasn't promoting any of his views just that it was an interesting discussion about the Labour party.

Ultimately the British voter measures everything in terms of 'are they better or worse off', which is unsurprising because that is how the BBC and all mainstream media approach all budgets and policy. There are occasional hand wringing documentaries and articles about poor people which are presented as somehow separate to budget and policy and that everyone can get sad about and feel like they care about poor people.
There is no serious discussion about the challenges facing the country, take just one: 50% of the entire NHS budget is spent on the 4% of people with multiple long term conditions, that 4% will double by 2034.
Then we have the self harming Brexit debacle that can't be spoken about and we have been through a Global pandemic which people don't seem to think cost us anything and no-one wants to talk about.
So no one talks about it because they know that if they do they won't get elected.
Nobody wants the “tell it like it is” party. We’re a self centred populace, as ever. I bet most would support hard decisions on healthcare VFM right up until they, or a loved one, are the poor soul being discussed at an MDT meeting.

Nobody wants the “tell it like it is” party. We’re a self centred populace, as ever. I bet most would support hard decisions on healthcare VFM right up until they, or a loved one, are the poor soul being discussed at an MDT meeting.
Politicians don't want the “tell it like it is” party. They're self-centred, as ever. I bet most would continue to support hard decisions on healthcare VFM right up until they, or a loved one, needed it but no longer had access to preferential 'treatment'.

FTFY

John

There is a way for Starmer’s Labour to fix the big rift with Muslim voters – if it has the will

Miqdaad Versi

Sadiq Khan and Andy Burnham won elections in areas with large Muslim populations. Both engaged with us as citizens

At national Labour level, the challenge to rebuild trust is much harder. It may even be insurmountable for the coming general election – given the errors over Gaza, augmenting the more longstanding issues of failing to deeply engage with Muslim communities.

The wrong narrative to follow is that advanced by the far right and other divisive naysayers, who cite the local election results to demonise Muslims, suggesting the vote shows we only care about foreign issues.

Faceless voices within the party echo these racist views and treat Muslim voters as foreigners without the right to choose who they vote for. There was the “senior Labour source” who was quoted as describing the resignation of councillors on the issue of Gaza as “shaking off the fleas”.

This is a very good piece - I'll drop it here

"Humza Yousaf's resignation and the SNP's troubles reveal that many Scottish voters are still social conservatives."

Rachel Reeves introduced by Tory Nick Boles for a city speech.

"The party has also secured the assistance of former Conservative minister Nick Boles, who quit the Tories over Brexit in 2019 and has been informally advising the shadow cabinet on preparing for power.

Mr Boles introduced Ms Reeves’s speech on Thursday, saying she understood the importance of demonstrating fiscal discipline to earn the right to bring about “transformative change”."

Rachel Reeves introduced by Tory Nick Boles for a city speech.

"The party has also secured the assistance of former Conservative minister Nick Boles, who quit the Tories over Brexit in 2019 and has been informally advising the shadow cabinet on preparing for power.

Mr Boles introduced Ms Reeves’s speech on Thursday, saying she understood the importance of demonstrating fiscal discipline to earn the right to bring about “transformative change”."

That quote has the twang of birch on buttock.

Reeve’s is spelling it out loud and clear, she is going to spank our arses.

Gets my vote.

Starmer has got himself yet another Tory in the shape of Natalie Elphicke.
“Minister criticises ‘broken promises of Rishi Sunak’s tired and chaotic government”

wife of the sex pest who doesn't like party of broken promises joins party of broken promises

Here’s Elphicke’s voting record. She seems suitably socially conservative, economically illiterate and authoritarian for Labour. A perfect fit.

She”s against the Environment, Health, Education, Immigration amd further spending. She should fit right in.

Elphicke, like the Tory defector last week, is standing down at the next election.

To me, the fact that several MPs are doing this tells me they want to humiliate Sunak. Probably Sunak is an unpleasant little weasel.

Elphicke is just a whisker shy of Braverman in terms of far right, sadistic crankery, and a very nasty piece of work on a personal level. One of the most toxic people in politics, a stain on public life and on the country as a whole.

It's not just Sunak being humiliated here. Anyone even vaguely progressive who has ever applauded Starmer for his hard-headed compromises and triangulations - LOL, this one's for you. This lot showed you exactly who they are a long time ago. You couldn't or wouldn't see it, and now they're rubbing your nose in it.

She tried to be mates with P and O staff in the Fire and Rehire episode. She thought that them singing Shame on You was aimed at P and O but it was directed at her.
Her husband is a convicted sex pest and she inherited his job under dubious circumstances.

advertisement

Back