advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

So great that he needed Asbos in 1998 to rein in all the celebrations
What's your point? Personally, I'm against anti-social behaviour, perhaps I'm once again a minority here by being in favour of a country having laws.

I don't expect to approve of everything. Yes, Labour did very well while in govt after the debacle of the tories. Some have short memories.

Who was your choice of leader when Blair stepped in?

Last edited:
Yo, suckers!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...mer-rules-out-return-free-movement-britain-eu

LOL!!!

I especially like this bit:
However, in January 2020 when he was standing to become Labour leader, Starmer indicated he would bring back free movement if he made it to No 10, saying: “I want families to be able to live together, whether that’s in Europe or here … We have to make the case for freedom of movement.”

His spokesperson said last week: “He said he would support freedom of movement whilst the negotiations were going on. Clearly we have now left the EU, so that matter is resolved.”

Lisa Nandy, the shadow levelling up secretary, claimed Labour had not changed its position because it had always argued that freedom of movement could work only if it was aligned to investment in skills and opportunities for young people in Britain.
Classic lawyer-style weasel words in that second paragraph (I'm reminded of Starmer's promise never to speak to The Sun newspaper (during the leadership elecyion campaign), followed by a nice bit of obfuscation by Nandy.

Do they seriously believe anyone is taken in by their horseshit?

Yo, suckers!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...mer-rules-out-return-free-movement-britain-eu

LOL!!!

I especially like this bit:

Classic lawyer-style weasel words in that second paragraph (I'm reminded of Starmer's promise never to speak to The Sun newspaper (during the leadership elecyion campaign), followed by a nice bit of obfuscation by Nandy.

Do they seriously believe anyone is taken in by their horseshit?
Starmer is going to reduce red tape by drawing more red lines!

Sir Keir is...

a) Playing the game
b) Being groomed as a puppet for Downing Street by the Bilderbergs, WEF, Trilateral Commission, etc
c) A secret Brexiteer
d) Respecting democracy

I think we should plump for b). Much more exciting.

Sir Keir is...

a) Playing the game
b) Being groomed as a puppet for Downing Street by the Bilderbergs, WEF, Trilateral Commission, etc
c) A secret Brexiteer
d) Respecting democracy

I think we should plump for b). Much more exciting.

Well it sure as ordure isn’t d, and he spoke at one of the anti-Brexit rallies I participated in, so he’s at least ambivalent on Brexit, and so that’s the last two out.

B certainly has at least a grain of truth - his rhetoric has been ever more friendly to Tufton St since his election as leader. Which was while ago now, so it’s moved quite a lot. Perhaps not the listed dark powers, but something sort of similar.

And on a, the currently ruling parts of Labour have been pursuing their one tactic (crush the left) with ruthless and relentless dedication since at least 2016. Just yesterday Mandelson was on WATO grinding the same axe - Labour must not give in to anyone apart from those on the right. Because that’s the pragmatic thing to do, and anything less is a direct road to oblivion.

So of the four, a little a and a little b. With a nice big for sale sign planted on the lawn (with a sold sticker on it, if you will).

That is not as reassuring as pragmatists seem to think.

Well it sure as ordure isn’t d, and he spoke at one of the anti-Brexit rallies I participated in, so he’s at least ambivalent on Brexit, and so that’s the last two out.

B certainly has at least a grain of truth - his rhetoric has been ever more friendly to Tufton St since his election as leader. Which was while ago now, so it’s moved quite a lot. Perhaps not the listed dark powers, but something sort of similar.

And on a, the currently ruling parts of Labour have been pursuing their one tactic (crush the left) with ruthless and relentless dedication since at least 2016. Just yesterday Mandelson was on WATO grinding the same axe - Labour must not give in to anyone apart from those on the right. Because that’s the pragmatic thing to do, and anything less is a direct road to oblivion.

So of the four, a little a and a little b. With a nice big for sale sign planted on the lawn (with a sold sticker on it, if you will).

That is not as reassuring as pragmatists seem to think.
Flying Rodent hits the nail on the head here:

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1597159804689973248
It remains awesome that the savvy, politics-understanding big brain position in British politics is still “You can trust these people to represent your interests, because they are skilled liars”.
Skilled liars indeed.

Andrew Marr is probably up to his neck in Trilateral Commission shenanigans...

Keir Starmer’s mildly authoritarian streak chimes perfectly with these troubled times https://www.newstatesman.com/commen...-authoritarian-streak-chimes-with-these-times

Sunak is a lightweight at PMQs. Veering towards becoming a (bad) joke in his claims of what a Tory government means when you look at the mess they've made.

I wonder when the Trilateral Commission will get rid of him and install Sir Keir? Another crisis is needed. Dominic Raab caught on camera punching a civil servant or Jeremy Hunt seen dropping the pound and breaking it. Something like that.

Andrew Marr is probably up to his neck in Trilateral Commission shenanigans...

Keir Starmer’s mildly authoritarian streak chimes perfectly with these troubled times https://www.newstatesman.com/commen...-authoritarian-streak-chimes-with-these-times

Sunak is a lightweight at PMQs. Veering towards becoming a (bad) joke in his claims of what a Tory government means when you look at the mess they've made.

I wonder when the Trilateral Commission will get rid of him and install Sir Keir? Another crisis is needed. Dominic Raab caught on camera punching a civil servant or Jeremy Hunt seen dropping the pound and breaking it. Something like that.
Rish is every bit as insubstantial as CMD but perhaps a little less bent? Hopefully Rish will retire to something a bit more reflective of his gelt pile than a Farrow & Ball daubed shepherd’s hut.

As nobody else had posted anything about Labours victory in the Chester by-election, from the Guardian:

Receiving 17,309 votes with 61.22% of the vote share, Labour achieved its highest ever majority and share of the vote in the seat.

Conversely, the Conservatives received 6,335 votes and a 22.4% vote share, their worst result in the constituency since 1832.

The Liberal Democrats came a distant third on 2,368 votes.

As nobody else had posted anything about Labours victory in the Chester by-election, from the Guardian:

Receiving 17,309 votes with 61.22% of the vote share, Labour achieved its highest ever majority and share of the vote in the seat.

Conversely, the Conservatives received 6,335 votes and a 22.4% vote share, their worst result in the constituency since 1832.

There's no way Starmer can survive this...

You know Labour have been winning here since 2015, don’t you? With 57% of the vote in 2017? I’m sure you celebrated Corbyn’s strategic genius at the time.

Good to see Tories staying at home though.

You know Labour have been winning here since 2015, don’t you? With 57% of the vote in 2017? I’m sure you celebrated Corbyn’s strategic genius at the time.

Good to see Tories staying at home though.

You forgot to mention Labours share dipped to 49% with the Tories up to 38% in the 2019 GE ….was this also due to Corbyn’s strategic genius? Maybe he was trying to emulate Ali’s dope a rope trick during the rumble in the jungle.

advertisement

Back