advertisement

kyocera cd player

wheres vuk

pfm Member
well since the cdx is comatose, i got the kyocera from under the rock it was sleeping. It is Kyocera DA 810, from the late 80s. clear and warm sounding, deliberate instead of pacey, but not bad, more of a natural walking pace instead of the naim's brisk stroll. lots more 'atmostphere' to the sound.
DSC02252.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

Is that the same Kyocera company that made printers that jammed all the time? Back when I was an IT manager I ended up taking one out into the company car park and attacking it with a stick Basil Fawlty style.

Tony.

that's right, kyoto ceramics. their top of the line hifi "9xx", have ceramic vibration isolation bases as part of the casing. i have the 910 amp. was just curious from positive noises about good comparison to vintage sansui gear, and got cd+tuna+amp for $200.

Looks cool, let's see a pic of the amp.

The printer was an ugly corporate grey plastic thing with a complex multi-tray paper feed system, always with little bits of paper jammed in places it was next to impossible to retrieve them from. It had a messy toner system too IIRC. I hated it with a vengeance.

Tony.

Is that the same Kyocera company that made printers that jammed all the time? Back when I was an IT manager I ended up taking one out into the company car park and attacking it with a stick Basil Fawlty style.

Tony.

LOL - I too took one to the car park, via the 2nd floor fire escape ;) Feckin useless printing devices...

CD player looks cool, but I bet it's rebadged.

Richard

Kyocera has got good built in quality.While I was on business I also found a Kyocera DA-810 single cd player in Orlando.It powered up, but did not play the cd in it.I think there might be disc problem.

They make the little ceramic cases that some chips, like CPUs, are packaged in.

Electronics is just a fun sideline for them, the day job is industrial ceramics.

Hmm...i had a cellphone of the same brand before and it was ok. Kyocera had a good reputation at the beginning, but not anymore.

advertisement

Back