advertisement

Kudos X2

Agreed. I can't believe the sound quality for the money. Set up correctly, they just sing.
There's this clarity or some quality I just can't get out of my head after hearing them. Sounds more like music than many many speakers. I thought they might be a little hard at first, but after swapping them back out for my current Harbeth 7's, the voicing was almost identical, but with better low end. Just an amazing speaker for the price.

And what are your first impressions with the new Kudox X2 ?

I'm amazed, because they are so tiny, the main driver is tiny but they manage to sound huge, the sound is clean, focused, they sonically disappear and your just left with massive sound stage, it will leave you with a puzzled look on your face because they sound like they are defying the laws of physics.

OK, I'm two years late getting to this party but how close to rear walls can the X2's be used? Are there any bass ports? thanks.

Bob - the X2's are ported at the bottom of the cabinet straight into their own plinths. Keeps bass resonances under control and makes the speakers easy to position IMO. Mine are a couple of feet from the rear wall albeit under the stairs (you'd have to see the layout of my listening room area to understand why) and I get great results from them.

I had them in a square room aprox. 4x4 mtr with crap bas result even I pulled them out from wall, same with Motive 2 so maybe solely a room issue.

I had them in a square room aprox. 4x4 mtr with crap bas result even I pulled them out from wall, same with Motive 2 so maybe solely a room issue.

When you say crap bass do you mean too much, too little or just not good and tuneful?

Bob, i agree with Per, i tried them at home when they first came out and i thought they were utter crap wherever they were placed. Boom boom boom thud thud thud, and no timing is what i remember. Shame as they have great form factor and look quite nice. Incidentally they sounded much the same in the dealers room, in fact it was the dealer who asked me to try them at home as he couldn't get them to sound any good either.

Bob, i agree with Per, i tried them at home when they first came out and i thought they were utter crap wherever they were placed. Boom boom boom thud thud thud, and no timing is what i remember. Shame as they have great form factor and look quite nice.

Fair enough Gary. As you know I have this perverse obsession with small speakers and they looked like they might tick a few boxes. Just got 'the' IBL's as far as I am concerned. Tell you about them one day...;)

Bob, i agree with Per, i tried them at home when they first came out and i thought they were utter crap wherever they were placed. Boom boom boom thud thud thud, and no timing is what i remember. Shame as they have great form factor and look quite nice. Incidentally they sounded much the same in the dealers room, in fact it was the dealer who asked me to try them at home as he couldn't get them to sound any good either.

Just goes to show the importance of speaker/room interaction, followed by partnering equipment. Maybe I just have an unusual room, but they work for me. I used to have Motive 2s and they worked just as well.

When you say crap bass do you mean too much, too little or just not good and tuneful?

Exactly and what Gary says, shame as I really like the mids and looks

A true shame those speaker designers don't pay more attention to the performance of bas reproduction

advertisement

Back